Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Sense, Strava, and Skiing

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

First, I have a simple request: please add alpine (downhill) skiing as an activity that is directly supported by Fitbit. While there, please also add volleyball. There are millions of participants for both activities.

Second, a question: why does importing a ski activity into Strava massively under-count the total vertical feet? I have tried recording a ski day as a run, walk, or outdoor activity, ansd this always seems to happen. 

Here is an example. On a recent ski day, I recorded the activity both using my Fitbit sense and my android phone with the Strava app. When the Fitbit GPS information was imported into Strava, it showed 11,343 feet and 16.77 miles. On the Fitbit app, the vertical is recorded as 30,743 feet. The independent EpicMix app, which counts ski lifts ridden, shows 28,174 feet. The Fitbit data and the EpicMix data are within 10% of each other while the data imported into Strava is not even close.

Note also that import into Strava is automatic from the Sense for activity types "Run" and "Walk" but does not occur without manual action if activity type "Outdoor Workout" is used.

Likewise, since there is no "volleyball" activity, I have to record that as a walk and then change it manually to volleyball on Strava.

Thanks,

Vince Fuller

Best Answer
0 REPLIES 0