Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sense keeps losing time

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Many of the features I looked forward to on my Sense don’t work and never have. I give upon those. But I noticed today it was running 4 minutes late. Tonight I restarted it and it’s now running 5 minutes late. Is there a reasonable fix for this? Why does it keep happening?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Desertcarr Thanks for getting back with more details about this situation.

I understand your frustration and I'm sorry for the difficulties experienced with your Sense. Because the syncing issues are affecting the time and other features, please try reconnecting your watch to the Fitbit app with the following steps:

1. Remove your Sense from the Bluetooth settings.
  2. Check if the Fitbit app is updated.
  3. Force quit the Fitbit app and reboot your phone.
  4. Restart your watch to refresh its performance.
  5. Open the Fitbit app, tap your profile picture > Set Up a Device.
  6. Select your Sense, tap Replace Device and follow the on-screen instructions.

Once your watch is reconnected, check if the time updates and try installing the SpO2 Tracker App or any other app to monitor your watch's behavior.

Hope this helps.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

If your watch is losing time between syncing then it is probably faulty and needs replacing under warranty where you bought it.

Note: Syncing will adjust the time again but as you are not obliged to keep syncing then you have a watch that won't show the correct time and so not fit for the job.

You can also contact Fitbit Support directly. They may be able to help you with a replacement but it might not be a new one..

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Desertcarr. It's good to see you here in the forums. @Guy_ Thanks for stopping by to help our members.

@Desertcarr Thanks for restarting your Sense prior to posting and I'm sorry for the difficulties you've experienced. Just to confirm, have you checked the time zone set in your account? While your watch needs to regularly sync with the Fitbit app to keep the time updated, it'll also take into consideration your time zone to display the correct time. If you've done that, please remove your Sense from the Bluetooth settings, force quit the Fitbit app, reboot your phone, open the Fitbit app and pull down on the screen to force a manual sync.

Because you mentioned to have issues with other features, please provide me with more details about those issues, as well as the steps you've tried so far so we can work on this together.

Hope this helps.

Best Answer

The sleep data almost never shows up on the Fitbit itself. When I try to make it sync to fix the problem, it tends to lose a minute each time. I have never been able to download the SpO2 app. I can’t get the settings update to install. It’s all frustrating.

Best Answer

@Desertcarr Thanks for getting back with more details about this situation.

I understand your frustration and I'm sorry for the difficulties experienced with your Sense. Because the syncing issues are affecting the time and other features, please try reconnecting your watch to the Fitbit app with the following steps:

1. Remove your Sense from the Bluetooth settings.
  2. Check if the Fitbit app is updated.
  3. Force quit the Fitbit app and reboot your phone.
  4. Restart your watch to refresh its performance.
  5. Open the Fitbit app, tap your profile picture > Set Up a Device.
  6. Select your Sense, tap Replace Device and follow the on-screen instructions.

Once your watch is reconnected, check if the time updates and try installing the SpO2 Tracker App or any other app to monitor your watch's behavior.

Hope this helps.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Desertcarr My wife's sense 2 Fitbit is having this same problem. Did you ever resolve this? There's no way we're accepting having to constantly keep syching the watch to the phone to keep the time right, if a watch can't keep time then it's not fit for purpose and we'll return it to buy a different brand.

Best Answer

My watch was under warranty and I sent it back. They sent me a new watch and I haven’t had the problem since. Good luck.

Best Answer

Hi there, @andymcadam@Desertcarr It's good to see you again and thanks for the update.

@andymcadam I'm sorry your wife is having this issue with the Sense 2, and thanks for any steps tried prior to posting. I went ahead to check your details and I noticed you have a different thread regarding this issue, in which you were provided some suggestions. If you haven't done so, please given them a try and reply back if the issue persists so you can receive help from the community.

Best Answer
0 Votes