Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sense mobile app

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Sense mobile app numbers are not recorded to Sense Fitbit.  Wear on left wrist while walking on treadmill and have mobile phone in pocket to record steps.  Upon sync, wrist number overwrites mobile numbers

Best Answer
9 REPLIES 9

I think the only way steps from phone would go to Fitbit database is if you have "Mobile Track" set up as a Fitbit device.  And if you were even able to  have "Mobile Track" plus Sense set up, Sense data would always override phone data.

Even if you were able to do that, would you want all Sense data overridden by phone? even heart rate data?  You couldn't expect it to keep steps from phone and heart rate and calories from Sense and somehow know how to merge them.  And how would Fitbit know when to do that?  How would it know to not always take phone data over Sense?

If you do want to use steps from phone, the only way I know of would be to manually log the workout afterward, based on phone's steps. But that would override all data from Sense, including heart rate and calories.  If that is what you want, there is no reason be wearing Sense during workout anyway.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer

In short, your choice is to use the mobile track option on the phone, with the phone on your pocket or use the Sense to count the treadmill steps. 

To use the phone, you will need to take the sense off your arm. 

Best Answer
Rich,
Thank you for posting. I checked in with Fitbit and you are correct about
removing the watch if I want to use phone app. I didn't know that the
Sense watch has the treadmill function built within so now I will use the
watch's and no longer have my phone record.
Just wish Fitbit would sync with treadmill as it is also supports
bluetooth, would make life easier.
Thanks again.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks, you are correct.  I just didn't know my Sense had a function for treadmills or I wouldn't have posted.

Thanks again

Best Answer
0 Votes

But be aware, even in "treadmill" setting, if you are holding handrail, you probably will not get steps, and therefore distance, counted.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
Thank you, I will have to manually record my steps (distance) from the
treadmill's screen and everything else, cardio stats, should be okay. I
have two heart monitors that I have used in public gyms so I will compare
the treadmill's numbers with them (they might even pair) and then I will no
longer have to hold my hands steady, therefore using the natural motion on
the Sense to get a step count going.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit has decided not to sync directly with any other hardware. However fitbit has an open API that allows Third Party Apps to sync with a fitbit account. It may be possible for them to setup a sync with fitbit. (I have a spreadsheet that records everytime I charge my tracker and another that records my daily steps)

Just a note about holding on to the rails 

• Reduces calories burnt up to 30%
  • Throws posture and back alignment out
  • May cause repetitive injury to the knee joints 
  • Helps un-teach balance adding an extra danger when on a free run 

• Dont look down at the treadmill, look straight ahead. Doing so allows the eyes to help with balance 
  • Slow down, remove hands from the railing, you will could burn more calories and force your body to improve balance, and running posture. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your input, I agree with that one update would override the other so what's the point in having both on my person while doing anything I want to track? While a member of Life Time Athletics I had several apps going all at the same time as workouts where synced between phone app and treadmill, another app for nutrition monitoring, and another app for biometric analysis. Again, thanks for your input.

Best Answer
0 Votes

You can use any app you want on your phone for steps or distance, or anything else.  But don't expect them to necessarily tie into your fitbit data.

Best Answer