Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sense not making sense

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I’ve had my Sense for three weeks now. In that time I haven’t had a full day of heart rate or a single full night sleep reading.

I’ve tried to wear it in several places on my wrist  and different tightnesses. I even tried a different band but nothing seems to work. 
I have hour long gaps in my heart rate readings. Perhaps I die during those periods? 🙄

I’ve owned an Ionic and a Versa and never had this much trouble. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi, @syrsyk , welcome to the community, you do not mention the make or model of your mobile phone, check you are running the minimum OS (Android 10 or iOS14) Fitbit Supported Devices explains the issues. Do you have a tattoo or scar where you are wearing your "Sense" if so this may prevent the LED/sensor array from detecting your HR? This is a different LED/sensor from the older devices.

Check that any battery-saving function on your phone is disabled for the Fitbit app.

Let us know how you get on.

Cheers

Gr4ndp4 | UK
AWAKE! for morning in the bowl of light has cast the stone that set the stars to flight.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Hi, @syrsyk , welcome to the community, you do not mention the make or model of your mobile phone, check you are running the minimum OS (Android 10 or iOS14) Fitbit Supported Devices explains the issues. Do you have a tattoo or scar where you are wearing your "Sense" if so this may prevent the LED/sensor array from detecting your HR? This is a different LED/sensor from the older devices.

Check that any battery-saving function on your phone is disabled for the Fitbit app.

Let us know how you get on.

Cheers

Gr4ndp4 | UK
AWAKE! for morning in the bowl of light has cast the stone that set the stars to flight.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m running iOS15.6 and everything is up to date.

The tattoo thing could be an issue since I’m completely sleeved with tattoos. Wish someone had put that in their “know before you buy” literature and not make me waste the small fortune these things cost because I’m not having tattoos removed for a watch 🙄.

Thanks for the information 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, @syrsyk , you may be interested in this thread which explores the issue in more detail  Solved: When will Fitbit work with tattoos??? - Fitbit Community  

Cheers

Gr4ndp4 | UK

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Gr4ndp4 @Thanks for the help. I’ll try a few of the workarounds people have talked about.

Best Answer
0 Votes