Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sense not tracking my Active Zone Minutes

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Sense has a hard time tracking Zone Minutes. I went from an Ionic to Sense and normally each morning I’ll take a 30-40 minute brisk walk. The Sense registers my HR in the 105 bpm, therefore not registering Zone Minutes. My Ionic would register much more during same walk. Sometimes I’ll put my Sense in my pocket to track steps and it’ll register a lot of Zone Minutes just walking around my house. I wish I had my Ionic back! And, yes, I’ve rebooted before. This watch just doesn’t seem close to being calibrated correctly!

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

Hello @1Justin13 your Sense, unlike the Ionic, does not track Active Minutes, but tracks Active Zone minutes. I'm not sure if this will explain the difference. 

Do your heart rates compare between the two devices? 

Active Minutes versus Active Zone Minutes. 

Best Answer

Not talking about Active Minutes I’m only talking about Zone Minutes.

I think my Sense reads my heart rate bpm much lower than my Ionic.

comparable walk data:

Ionic 2.18 miles (16:46 pace) 359 calories 25 Zone Minutes 115bpm avg

Sense 2.35 miles (16:12 pace) 335 calories 1 Zone Minute 109 bpm avg

Maybe I’m getting healthier and my range for my heart rate to get in cardio, peak, etc has changed and it’s more difficult for me to get Zone Minutes on a walk 🤷‍:male_sign:

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was my pointing out that when compare active zone minutes on the sense, to Active minutes on the Ionic, the user needs to be aware that the two trackers do not measure the same parameters. 

When you say Zone minutes, I'm assuming you mean Active Zone Minutes. 

Best Answer

Yes, Rich, I'm talking Zone Minutes with both my former Ionic and current Sense.  My Ionic did track Zone Minutes.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm aware of this. See the link in my post above. 

Your ionic tracked Zone MMinutes, your Sense tracks Active Zone Minutes

Im simply asking to read the help doc that describes the difference between these related, but different measurements. 

With the Sense we are recovering to active zone minutes, with the Ionic, it is active minutes. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree with Justin, the Active Zone Minutes are off & I've noticed it even more since the last update.  I walk on a treadmill for 60 minutes at a pace of 3mph & an incline of 3.  I used to register Active Zone Minutes for most of the time, now since an update I register 5 Active Zone Minutes.  Is that clear enough to see that we're NOT talking about Active Minutes vs Active Zone Minutes here????

Best Answer
0 Votes

@noudgie yes, the gist of it is results vs non results. If you search the forum for Sense heart rate, you may find your answer. Although most have had the issue all along rather than since a recent update. 

Best Answer
0 Votes