Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to set app notifications on Sense

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I followed the steps described on this link to setup notifications for android, however I don't have an option in the notificaiton menu on android to select either Whatsapp, messages, Telegram, Facebook Instagram or  Snapchat. So, does this mean that fitbit doesn't support notifications for these apps?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi, @hiko , you can definitely get notifications from Whatsapp, messages, and Facebook on your Fitbit.  I don’t see Telegram, Instagram or Snapchat available, but this may be because I do not have them on my phone, so I cannot confirm.

To get notifications from apps, on your Android phone click on your Sense icon and find “notifications”.  Click on notifications and then choose “app notifications” then just select which apps you would like to receive messages from.

Under “text messages” you can also choose your default message app, which can be WhatsApp, Messages, or Messenger.  Whichever ones you don’t choose can be added in via the App messages option that I mentioned above.  (For example, my default message option is WhatsApp, but I also get Messenger and SMS message notifications by choosing them in the App notifications section.

I hope this is clear, but do please post again if not.

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

Hi, @hiko , you can definitely get notifications from Whatsapp, messages, and Facebook on your Fitbit.  I don’t see Telegram, Instagram or Snapchat available, but this may be because I do not have them on my phone, so I cannot confirm.

To get notifications from apps, on your Android phone click on your Sense icon and find “notifications”.  Click on notifications and then choose “app notifications” then just select which apps you would like to receive messages from.

Under “text messages” you can also choose your default message app, which can be WhatsApp, Messages, or Messenger.  Whichever ones you don’t choose can be added in via the App messages option that I mentioned above.  (For example, my default message option is WhatsApp, but I also get Messenger and SMS message notifications by choosing them in the App notifications section.

I hope this is clear, but do please post again if not.

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer

Hi @hiko, it's nice to see you around the forums. @Julia_G, thanks for stopping by. Your post is very helpful!

@hiko, I'm glad that you got the Sense and thanks for following our suggested steps to set up your notifications. In addition to @Julia_G's post, let me explain that you'll need to receive a notification from those apps first, so they can appear in the App Notifications list in the Fitbit app. Hope you enjoy the experience with your new watch.

Feel free to let me know if you have another question.

Best Answer

hi, I've just purchased a fitbit sense,  and I can get all notifications but WhatsApp? Any one have any ideas how to do this or having the same trouble? Any tips would be great?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Deanoham27. Welcome to the Community Forums.

Thanks for letting me know that your Sense isn't receiving your WhatsApp notifications. Just to confirm, have you set up the app notifications for your watch? If not, let me suggest to give a try to the steps described in @Julia_G's post. Make sure you've received a WhatsApp notification first on your phone so it can appear as an available option for app notifications.

By the way, I've moved your post to this new thread so we can keep our forums organized.

I'll look forward to your reply.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes that worked, thank you very much, my partner has the same problem on
her iPhone but went on all notifications and WhatsApp wasn't there??
Many thanks
Dean.
Best Answer

This is helpful.  Thank you very much!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same is happening with me.... any solutions?! (I’m iPhone too)

Best Answer

I installed the app yesterday and setup my Fitbit Sense for the first time yesterday as well.  Under "Notifications" there is no menu item “app notifications” Has instagram support been dropped?

Best Answer