Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sense only crashes when swiping down

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Sense has a 5+ day battery life between charges and everything works, apart from the unreliable heart rate, floors, poor vibration and Google Assistant routines.

All the clock faces and apps work and swiping works in all directions EXCEPT swipe down in both clocks or apps, which causes an almost immediate crash and reboot every time.

A Shutdown restart makes no difference.

Can anyone think of a technical reason for this unique behavior?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

Hi, @Gch_ welcome, on swiping down you should see "Notification Center You are all caught up" or any new notifications you have. Just to be clear on resets, try squeezing the side button for about 20 seconds and releasing it when the Fitbit logo appears. After about 30 seconds you should be back at your clock face. Speaking of which try another clock face, specifically one made by Fitbit (not a third party)

Let us know how you get on.

Cheers

Gr4ndp4 | UK
AWAKE! for morning in the bowl of light has cast the stone that set the stars to flight.

Best Answer
0 Votes

thanks, but as mentioned I succeeded in doing a complete Shutdown restart from the watch settings menu and when pulling down from the top on any clock or app [including Settings app] the watch crashes, you can't see notifications or all caught up or scroll down.

What technically could possibly cause that consistently?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, @Gch_, did you try another clock face? some (not Fitbit) faces can be a bit glitchy and your reported symptom is not something I've seen before. I suggest you try a few different clock faces. Let us know how it goes.

Cheers

Gr4ndp4 | UK
AWAKE! for morning in the bowl of light has cast the stone that set the stars to flight.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks, it's not related to clock faces as it does it in Fitbit apps as well as any Fitbit clock faces.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Update:

Contacted Fitbit and they sent me a faulty replacement watch, arrived in 4 days though - but the microphone does not work.

Even after installing and troubleshoot factory resetting and installing again it still doesn't work.

They now want the faulty watch back before sending me one that might work, which can take weeks/months, judging from posts in the forums.

Although they say at no cost to me there is a huge cost and inconvenience, due to their failure to provide a working replacement.

So will have gone from an almost perfect watch with one small problem, to no watch at all, for an indefinite period.

Very poor customer relations and faulty warranty support.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Gch_  - there are some notifications which will cause the watch to crash, especially those which contain links in the notification.

Normally when clearing the notification from the phone the problem will resolve itself. However, because your watch crashed it may be stuck there permanently. Restarting the watch may not remove it even if it is removed from the phone.

In your case, Support have made the problem worse with a faulty replacement watch when your watch was actually fine and it is probably only a software bug.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes