Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repeated Sense Band Failures

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have noted on the on-line FitBit forum that this seems to be a problem for a significant number of Sense owners.  I have only had mine for a number of days and it started failing almost immediately.  Contacted Customer service, got a case number, sent photos.  Customer care rep did not say a word about this being common.  It's to the point now that I bent down to pick up something with the arm it was on and that movement caused it to fall off.  It falls off frequently at night while sleeping, which negates any utility of the sleep tracking functions.  I have bought numbers of FitBit devices through the years and did not expect the company would sell a device with this type of commonly repeated failure.  

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

Hi, @Reno6796, I'm not convinced this is a "common" issue, I do see reports from time to time but nowhere near as many as other issues such as the charging cable. I have noticed that you must ensure the little clip button is fully engaged when inserting the band, if you have been using a skin product and grit or sand is stuck in the mechanism this can impede the operation. Some of the complaints I've seen actually involved third-party bands, I'm not defending Fitbit.

You may find that cleaning the Fitbit band "end" and the socket on your "Sense" with rubbing alcohol will help.

Cheers

Gr4ndp4 | UK
AWAKE! for morning in the bowl of light has cast the stone that set the stars to flight.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Bought my Sense watch, and the band won't stay snapped it. It's not the band. The clasp on one side has no spring tension like on the other. Fitbit won't stand behind the warranty because I bought it on eBay. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

my suggestion is to try a new band or if it is the clasp, then buy a case/band protector.

Sense Activation 11/3/20\IPhone 12 Pro Max\SimpleClockPro Watch Face\Spigen Rugged Armor Pro Case/Band
Best Answer
0 Votes
It's the watch that's bad. The latch on one side is properly spring loaded,
but the other side is not. Fitbit won't stand behind it. I bought it on
eBay, but Fitbit says the place I bought it from is not an authorized
retailer.

I contacted the extended warranty company, a plan I bought at the same
time, and they are going to have it repaired or replaced.

So much for Fitbit. I have another one, but that's it. No more Fitbit for
me.

Thanks for the reply.
Best Answer
0 Votes