Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sense recorded a high amount of steps

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Twice recently when my battery was low my Sense recorded an inflated step count. First time was 16,000 steps and this morning it was 85,000 steps. Is there any way to delete such spurious data?

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hello @Norm101. Welcome to the community forums. 

I'm sorry for the experience. I'd recommend restarting your Sense to refresh its performance. For the restart, please make sure to follow the steps in the following link: How do I restart my Fitbit device?

In addition, I'd like to let you know that you can't delete steps and floors, instead, log a non-step based activity such as driving to override the steps or floors. For more information, please check: How do I add, edit, or delete Fitbit data and activities?

Hope this helps. 

Wilson M. | Community Moderator, Fitbit.
Best Answer
0 Votes

The same thing happens to me but I only noticed it after I put mine on the charger. I just woke up. Haven't even gotten out of bed yet and it said I've done over 10,000 steps. It won't let me delete the false data either. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Artemismoirai. Welcome to the community forums. 

Thank you very much for the detailed information. I suggest you please confirm that MobileTrack isn't enabled. MobileTrack is a feature that records basic stats such as steps using your phone's sensors if you don't have a Fitbit device available. But there was a fan or anything buzzing nearby, or if your phone was vibrating during that time, that might have caused you to receive incorrect steps tracked.

If this is the case, I'd suggest you to remove this feature by following the steps described in this help article and monitor your device's behavior to see if this has any relationship. If the inconvenience persists, please let me know. 

On a side note, you can't delete steps and floors but you can negate them, so please make sure you follow the correct steps below to override them:

1. Tap the Today tab 

2. On the Exercise tile

, tap the + icon > Log or Log Previous.
  3. Choose Driving as the exercise type. Make sure the exercise details overlap with the time period your device logged the unwanted steps or floors.
  4. Tap Add or Log it. Your steps, floors, and calories burned will decrease for the time period you specified.

I look forward to your response. 

Wilson M. | Community Moderator, Fitbit.
Best Answer
0 Votes