Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sense screen detached from body

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I really hate that I have to lodge another complaint. I woke this morning to my Sense screen dangling. This is the second time I have had to replace the Sense for the same issue. Why does it keep happening? Anyone else having this issue? I would rather just get a refund instead of having to wait over 2 weeks for a replacement. I even purchased the extended warranty. I have only had this Sense, since March 2021. I bought the initial one the end of November and had to have it replace in March, so the it lasted 4 months. The replacement I received in March just broke the beginning of July, so this is boiling down to a 4 month lifespan. I would be out of luck if I had not purchased the extended warranty. This would have been just outside of the 90 days. This seems suspect to me. I am not a happy owner!!!

Fitbit Sense.PNG

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
13 REPLIES 13

Is that a tsv charger? Did the first sense open up on that charger?

Sense Activation 11/3/20\IPhone 12 Pro Max\SimpleClockPro Watch Face\Spigen Rugged Armor Pro Case/Band
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, this is the 7th screen that I've seen and 5 of them I had to fix as Fitbit refused to  4 out of the 5 was down to them getting to hot in the sun while sun bathing, the heat melts the rubber glue seal causing the screen to come off.

Best Answer
0 Votes

That’s what I was getting at. Wondered if that charger gets hot and how long you leave it on the charging station charging.

Sense Activation 11/3/20\IPhone 12 Pro Max\SimpleClockPro Watch Face\Spigen Rugged Armor Pro Case/Band
Best Answer
0 Votes

I don’t know what. tsv charger is but I only leave it in the charger just long enough to get a full charge then it’s back on my arm.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well I don’t sunbathe so can’t be the reason.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Don’t leave it on long and neither gets hot.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am the same way. I have mine on my wrist unless it is charging and I watch the charge progress on the app. I want data being collected every minute.

I hope you get it sorted out. After 2 watches I’d be ready to sledge it.  Can you get the money back or does the warranty provide a replacement? 

May want to epoxy that beotch if and when the next one opens.

Best Answer

Hi @rgdavis, Thanks for participating in the Community Forums. @Clove6060 and @SunsetRunner. Thanks for stopping by to help our member.

@rgdavis Thanks for sharing detailed information about your Sense. I see where you're coming about having this experience and I'm sorry for this inconvenience. Every feedback shared in the forums never goes unnoticed as it helps us to work and improve our products. I went ahead to review your details and I noticed you already have a case created with our Support team. Because they're providing you with assistance, please follow their recommendations and keep an open communication with them.

@SunsetRunner Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback about your Sense and your experience with our Support team. I understand your point of view about this situation and while I don't have access to your case, I'd recommend replying back or contacting them back so they can review your details and provide you with more information about their resolution.

See you around.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Good morning. I have to send it back. They are asking for accessories as well, but I purchased these myself because they did not replace them with my last replacement when it would not charge.

Best Answer

Interesting...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Good luck with the warranty return.

Let them know there several reports of the glue failure not related to accessories!

I’ll need some guidance if the Fitbit charging square pin recedes on my charger.

i don’t want to be without my watch while they send a replacement charging cable. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Agree, that is why amazon is quicker..

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @rgdavis, @lablover55 and @Clove6060. Thanks for getting back to this thread.

@rgdavis Thanks for keeping me posted. I'm glad you're receiving assistance from our Support team and I'm sure they'll work on this matter to bring you back on track soon. Please follow up with your email case should you have any further questions.

@lablover55 and @Clove6060 Thanks for your suggestions and great help. I understand where you're coming from about the replacement process and please know your feedback will be passed along so we can evaluate our procedures and improve your experience with our services.

Have a good day.

Best Answer
0 Votes