Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sense screen not showing up after setup

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi,

After setting up my new Fitbit Sense using the app (on a Surface 7) the watch face does not show up. It continues showing the original face "download fitbit app to begin". This is strange because during the synching process the watch was 'co-operating' and responding and after 'successfully paired' it stays with that original face.

Tried restarting and still the same. 

On the other hand the app shows that it is connected, but no readings show up either.

Any advice would be welcome.

Thanks

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

"REQUIREMENTS

• To set up Fitbit Aria Air, Fitbit Charge 4, Fitbit Sense, Fitbit Versa 2, or Fitbit Versa 3, you must use a compatible iPhone, iPad, or Android phone. You can’t set up these devices on a Windows 10 device."

click to see the article 

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer

Thanks, i guess that's the issue, and if I do that, could i then use my pc app to keep it up to date and see all the data collected?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@LICAZ  you'd need to keep the Sense updated via the phone. You can always see your data on the Fitbit site's dashboard, but the phone app does show you much more.

Best Answer
0 Votes
So if I do not have access to a phone, for a while can the update be done
from afar?

[image: Mailtrack]

Sender
notified by
Mailtrack

12/07/21,
08:24:22 PM
Best Answer
0 Votes

@LICAZ  when my Luxe updated, it told me to keep the phone near it. I'm thinking you need to have the device near the phone while it continues updating. Your phone's bluetooth is the bridge that takes you to the Fitbit servers, so I think that is why you need to have device and phone in close proximity.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @LICAZ and thank you for your assistance @Odyssey13. Thank you for sharing your syncing inquiries. 

You can check: How do Fitbit devices sync their data? help article. If you don´t have access to a phone, you can sync your watch and update your data when you get that access but you need to be close to the phone to sync and update your information. Some devices store the information up to a week without syncing them.

Keep on visiting the forums. 

Best Answer