Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sense stopped receiving notifications

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My notifications stopped working after I added some games and the ISS tracker. I've tried everything, even uninstalled what I've added. I have paired, unpaired and restarted the phone and watch loads of times. Do I do a factory reset and hope for the best? Is the notifications the issue that lots of people are having, or is it the apps I added? - I need to resolve I asap as I rely on the notifications for my work.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

What is meant by doesn't work. 

Does the Sense turn on? 

Does the screen light up? 

Is the time displayed? 

Does the screen swipe? 

Display steps? 

Sync? 

Notifications? 

Are you saying that you removed the tracker from your fitbit account and set the sense up? To un-pair, the user removes the tracker from the phone's BT. The user can not pair. The user opens the fitbit app, and the fit it app will ask for permission to connect or pair. Android vs iOS.. The app, not the user handles the BT. 

I assume a restart has been done, how about a shutdown. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @MeenaB  - it seems what you added didn't have any bearing on the issue which is more likely you got the latest version of the Fitbit App with the bug.

A factory reset won't help, no need to make extra work for yourself if the watch is working and syncing.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer

Thank you. The thing is, the notifications stopped working about 2 days before the update, tbh I was hoping the update would fix it. 😔 I'll put the games back on and hope fitbit do a fix soon🤞🤞.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi! Lots of questions! My watch is not displaying my notifications at all.

Pairing and unpairing have been between my watch and my phone.

I have been doing the shutdown on my watch and phone

I have not yet done a factory reset on my watch

Best Answer

@MeenaB - check your Quick Settings, swipe watch face to the right, to make sure it's not in sleep or do not disturb.mode.

There is currently a bug in the Fitbit App which can stop notifications so a factory reset is unlikely to help.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you Guy. I checked that after day 2! I did wonder if that's what I did, but that is set on 'normal'.

Best Answer

If the watch is not in DND or Sleep mode, it might be a communication issue and a shutdown of both the phone and tracker might help. 

Otherwise the issue is with the phone. 

How do I get notifications from my phone on my Fitbit device?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I have done a shutdown of both phone and watch, separately and together. It has not worked. That's why I'm asking if I should do a factory reset. But there's lots of chat about it being an issue with the update too.

Best Answer
0 Votes