Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sense stuck in setup

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I got a new Sense and have tried to pair it with a windows 10 device as it would not connect with my Samsung a11 phone at all.  It will complete the setup process on the computer app side, but afterwards continues to only show the download the app message on the Sense itself.  I have tried various combinations of restarting the Sense and my computer, disabling and re-enabling bluetooth, and removing and re-adding the Sense to the list of detected bluetooth devices to no avail.

From what I have read, reinstalling the Fitbit app may force a firmware update, but it doesn't seem to trigger one.

Best Answer
0 Votes
27 REPLIES 27

It does not seem to be able to start the download for additional apps either, and I can place it on top of the modem and connect to the wifi with my phone, so I don't think it is an error with that service.  I reset it just in case, though that did not seem to fix it either.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thats really useful information, thanks for trying those options, could you also ask CS about why the clock face load doesn't work.

The remedy normally for oddities in the Fitbit app is to clear the cache but not sure you can for the Windows app. Not worth rebooting the PC, perhaps quit the app and try again may work.

Just to be sure, in the clocks tile, clicking on all clocks should offer you clocks by category. You can refine the search, try searching for Spectrum, it will probably be the first at the top on the left, its the official Fitbit one for the Sense.

Possibly very sync is still working [they might have decided not to talk to each other anymore!] immediately before trying to load a clock. Or it could simply be that the watch is in too raw a state to load a clock. Again something else to ask CS, how to get out of "download the app" display.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The issue with the Fitbit app has been resolved, make sure you download the latest version 3.37.1 on your phone, if its not yet available try later.

This should resolve everything.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry, but no - it has not been resolved.

Best Answer

I think I finally got it.

CS wanted to check if I had the correct version of the app, which I did not.  So I reinstalled the app while on the line with them, and it installed 3.37 from the google play store.  After restarting the phone, I tried installing it again and it changed to 3.37.1.  Reinstalling the updated app did not allow it to connect on its own.  I was advised to try again in the morning if the update did not fix it, to see if it was some kind of bug somewhere.

Instead, I went into the phone app settings and began to just change things sort of randomly with the Fitbit app.  After changing the battery setting to never power save, and manually editing all of the connectivity permissions to be allowed, it was finally able to pair with the phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm glad that worked for you @PeaTea . Unfortunately, no luck for me and my Sense. I've changed every setting available in the app and on my phone for the app and nothing works. I've uninstalled and reinstalled, removed and replaced and tried everything except prancing naked around the old oak tree by the light of the full moon (and I'd have tried that but the sky is cloudy) and none of it works. 3.37.1 has made no difference.

Best Answer

@SunsetRunnerCan you start a new post and identify what your issue is as its different.

Please give watch type and firmware, and current state and what doesn't work.

Best Answer

That shouldn't be that way. I returned the unit, bought another one and returned that one too. You'd think after years being a manufacturer Fitbit would get it right. Will never buy a fitbit again

Best Answer