Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sense went through washer - sleep tracking not right

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So about a month and a half ago, my sense took an accidental trip through the washing machine. The sense appears to work normally, aside from the sleep tracking. I have the setting set to sensitive, but it either tracks none of my sleep or will say I slept 52 min or 1.5 hours. 

I've tried restarting it before going to bed, and it does not help. I have also tried different tightness levels on my wrist, switching wrists and even wearing the watch so the sensors are on the inside of my wrist. 

It also frequently has trouble charging, so I am wondering if the sensors are screwed up. Is there any way to tell? Anyone else have a similar issue?

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

@Carlsbad509Welcome to the Fitbit community.

The detergents probably did some damage. You should contact customer support and see if there's anything they can do. Unfortunately, that is damage caused by not standard use so I don't know if there's much that can offer.

Best Answer

Try changing sleep to normal just for the heck of it.

Have you cleaned the sensors real well? Make sure sensors are clean and free of detergents.

I use isopropyl alcohol to clean the back of watch. May also help with charging to use a-tip and clean watch/charger contact points. 

it’s really strange that all the other features are functioning properly but not recording sleep properly. 

Sense Activation 11/3/20\IPhone 12 Pro Max\SimpleClockPro Watch Face\Spigen Rugged Armor Pro Case/Band
Best Answer

I'll give it a shot! 

I do clean the sensors with isopropyl everytime it won't charge (which is every time lol). It works but ammoying to do it so often 

Best Answer

I do the same 😁

other things you could try:

-make sure sense app up to date

-do not begin sleep now. Let it detect auto 

-switch to normal then back to sensitive sleep mode

wear on none dominant

-check heart settings

-you may wish to consider deleting app and then doing reinstall. (May be a simple communication issue between watch and app.)

- last but not least you have the forget device, reinstall app, factory reset. (May want to be with Fitbit support) Also make sure you sync before the reset.

Good Luck!

Sense Activation 11/3/20\IPhone 12 Pro Max\SimpleClockPro Watch Face\Spigen Rugged Armor Pro Case/Band
Best Answer

HI @Carlsbad509 - If you tried what @eezeepee and @Clove6060  have suggested, you could always try a full Shutdown from the watch Settings menu. In your case wait a minute before restarting it.

Also consider setting up a Sleep schedule in the watch settings, always a good idea, although it is not supposed to have an impact, it might.

This presupposes that all the other features are working as before including the heart rate sensing. Charging should work to 100% withint 75 minutes max from 10%

If your watch is under warranty a factory reset is a possibility because if that fails you can claim a replacement watch. However it is a tedious exercise to start from scratch and if the watch is working normally may not even fix anything, so a lot of extra work for nothing.

It is miraculous the watch is working at all, so you must have a good watch.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer