Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WAY Too Many Steps!

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Right now, at noon on a work day, my Fitbit Sense is saying that I have 26,590 steps.  This is not even remotely possible, as I sit at a desk for long periods of the day with bursts of walking in between.  Usually by this time in the day, I have about 1500-2000 steps, and today has been a pretty typical day.  I need someone to help me delete all of these unearned steps because they are throwing off all of my averages, data, etc. I now have a badge for 25,000 steps in a day, which I didn't earn.  Please--any solution anyone can think of that lets me delete the unearned steps, even if it starts me back at zero for the day.

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

@CB809957 welcome to the Fitbit community.

Screenshot_20220329-143958.png

A common reason for extra steps is that your phone is set to mobile track and use your phone as a step counter. To check if you have that set up, open the Fitbit app, tap your account in the top left corner, see if mobile track is one of your devices. If so, tap it, then tap the trash can in the top right corner.

Best Answer

I don't have that option.  It didn't do it when I got it and it's only been the last 2 days 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Okay, I unpaired the mobile track.  I looked at my daily activity, and 23,000 of those steps happened between 3:45-4:00 when I was sleeping.  The phone wasn't moving, either.  How did I get so many steps in the span of 15 minutes?  How can I get rid of all of those steps that I supposedly got in the middle of the night?

Thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@CB809957 I believe it happens overnight because that's when things sync. I could be wrong.

@Teagen518 Welcome to the Fitbit community.

What's the details on your steps miscount?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have done 17k steps and it states I have done 27k steps. It will keeps count correctly then about an hour after my walk on lunch it will change and add more steps

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Teagen518 Maybe it's duplicating info. Try shutting down your Sense and turning it back on. I would also delete the Sense from the Fitbit app and add it again. You won't lose any information and the only thing that resets is the weather app to Celsius if you have it set to Fahrenheit.  

Best Answer
0 Votes