Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sense won't connect to Alexa

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I purchased this yesterday and have tried everything to connect it but when I click on sign in with amazon in the app on my phone it directly goes to Unable to connect.  There was an error connecting to your Amazon Account.  please try again.  I've tried the following and nothing works.  It connects no problem with google assistant but I don't use that.  I'm assuming it's because they are now connected with google but that is not why I bought this watch.  I bought it because it was supposed to connect with Alexa.

I've removed the sense from my app

cleared the cache from fitbit app

force stopped the app 

uninstalled the app

shut the phone off

cleared the cookies on the phone itself

reinstalled the fitbit app

ran set up again to connect the sense to the app

still get the same problem.

I've also restarted my sense

I've search online for a fix for this and tried everything I could find but nothing seems to work.  I really don't want to get rid of this watch as I've been using one version or another of fitbit for over 7 years but if I can't get this working I will be taking it back.

My phone is a Samsung Note 20 5 G running android version 11.

For some reason I'm not getting the notifications of text messages on my watch either.  Not impressed

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

I had this issue, talked to Fitbit Support, etc., and couldn't get it to work. Today, I FINALLY got it to work! On my phone (mine is an Android - Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra), I went into the Amazon Shopping App, went to the "3-lines" menu on the bottom, and then Scrolled down to "Settings." Under settings, I went to "Not [My Name]? Sign Out". I clicked that and signed out of my account. I then logged back in. I then went back into the Fitbit app, set it up again, and it had no problems logging into my Amazon account and linking Alexa! I think it must somehow use that app on the phone for the login verification. I hope that helps!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @AndreaHalyk 

Hopefully I can help. First uninstall the amazon shopping app from your mobile device. Then go back to the fitbit amazon app. Let the app set up your amazon account through your phone browser. After everything is complete try using alexa on your watch. If that works you can then reinstall the amazon shopping app on your phone. 
😃 I hope that helps and provides you with the best answer to your issue 

Best Answer