Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sense won't connect to Alexa

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Recently I'm experiencing a problem where the Voice Assistant (Alexa) on my Sense keeps deactivating.  Several times a week now I go to use Alexa and I am prompted that I need to setup the Voice Assistant on my device.  Why is this happening and how can I resolve it?

Note: This is different from the issue where the Sense reports connection lost and to sync device.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi everyone. Thanks for participating in the forums and welcome to our new members.

I've moved your posts to this new thread. The issue will be resolved by updating the Fitbit app version on your mobile devices to app version 3.42.1 or above.

Hope this helps.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
23 REPLIES 23

I have the same issue. Every time I restart my mobile I need to activate Alexa again.

See also here:

After the last update, I have set up Alexa daily - Fitbit Community

Wenn dir mein Beitrag geholfen hat, freue ich mich über ein Kudos (Daumen hoch Symbol)!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Have had my fitbit sense since the 6th .. Only a week or so and can say for certain that happens to me often, usually after extended periods over several hours of nonuse of the assistant feature,  usually syncing works, connecting to bluetooth services but some reason it just stops..  
Ive been force stopping the app and then just opening and hit sync again it works.  Some times I gotta log right into assistant again within the app. 
So its obviously something to do with the handshake and or signature...  Could be wrong but it seems like the most likely reason specially if i gotta add the assistant thing again at times..Wifi also sometimes says disconnected... i dont always hold my phone in my hand at home i place it down and walk away so is it loosing the wifi connection and then drops the handshake between assistant in the app.   Least what i have noticed. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Having the same problem. Alexa keeps disconnecting as well as my Spotify account. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

When I bought the fitbit sense, Alexa used to work and everything was fine. Recently, is always asking for the set up to be completed. That happens about twice a day.

My wife has the same issue.

I've read all the threads about this and nothing works. Reinstalled all, cache deleted, etc.

Alexa doesn't work.

Alexa was one of the main features we bought this watch.

Any help?

Best Answer

Hi @IonicFan01,

Have you tried switching to the Google Assistant and then back?  Sometimes I have to do this as well.

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer

Thanks DramaQueenDiva,

I've tried and it didn't solve the issue. Every few hours, Alexa wasn't working again.

I'm using now the Google assistant, and even if it doesn't have voice, it works. 2 days in a row and counting.

I really thing they have messed Alexa up with any update.

Regards,

Best Answer
0 Votes

When you are used to having access to Alexa your wrist, it's very annoying when it doesn't work!

During the last few weeks I've noticed that Alexa just won't stay connected to the Fitbit watch/app. It even says "Active" but when I click on it, I get the same "Log in to connect to Alexa" screen.

What gives? Is this a known issue?

Best Answer

Anybody...?

Best Answer

I have had my fitbit sense for a very long time and all of a sudden it will not connect to Alexa, what happened and how do I fix it.. When I try to turn it on I get an error message from alexa saying connot connect. I am so frustrated I have tried everything 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have you installed the latest firmware update. Somewhere along the way Fitbit replaced my Alexa app with Google Assistant. I don't see it in the app store now.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you for responding, Yes I did the update, I made sure I wasn't on the beta version, I deleted the fitbit and alexa appsans reinstalled them. I made sure my router was in 2.4gh, I cleared the cache in both fitbit as well as alexa I also deleted cache in my Google internet.. When I try to use fitbit to connect to alexa assistant I get an error message or a OTC (one time code) message saying they sent a code to authorize fitbit. I never receive the code although it says it went to my email.. No its not in the spam folder..i had this working for months then all of a sudden it just stopped and will not connect.. I get absolutely no assistance from fitbit except the drag me through the obvious things.. Resrt my modem and router delete apps etc.. Sent from my T-Mobile 5G Device
Best Answer

You may need to call support. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have many many many times, I'm exhausted with this it's time to dump my fitbit and find something more relyable.. There scale doesn't work either it's just a huge paperweight in my bathroom.. OK well thanks for the reply.. 

Best Answer

Why does my Fitbit Sense go offline in the Alexa app? What settings should I check?

Best Answer
0 Votes

It usually is because Alexa can't connect to the phone. Or because of a fitbit app update, permissions have been reset. 

If this is a permanant error, try setting Alexa up, the app will prompt for all needed permissions. 

Best Answer

Thanks Rich,

If I sync my Fitbit Sense with the Fitbit app and leave the Fitbit app up (running in the background) on the iPhone.

Then go to the Alexa app,

the Fitbit Sense is online with Alexa and I can change or modify routines or reminders. 

But soon the Fitbit Sense device in the Alexa app seems to timeout (go offline). The reminders still work if I have saved them.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm not understanding you @ldamario55 

The Alexa app is only active when the user activates alexa. 

The tracker never stay connected to the phone, but as a trusted device, it connects when needed. 

Therefore alexa is not suppose to stay active or connected to the phone. 

The Fitbit app needs to be running in the background so trust it may link up with alexa. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

I have setup and successfully used alexa from my sense.  But whenever I try to use it later it tells me it is not setup and to setup on the phone. When I go to the phone, fitbit, sense, voice asistant it shows "not connected" against alexa.  I then have to click alexa and tell it to connect, which it happily does with a few prompts and everything works OK again until the next time I try to use it in anger.

Fitbit does seem to be setup to run in the background on the phone, so I don't understand why it keeps disconnecting.  Rather makes it pointless as I have to go to the phone every time before I can use alexa.

Any thoughts or ideas please?

Best Answer

Hi everyone. Thanks for participating in the forums and welcome to our new members.

I've moved your posts to this new thread. The issue will be resolved by updating the Fitbit app version on your mobile devices to app version 3.42.1 or above.

Hope this helps.

Best Answer