Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sense won't connect to Bluetooth

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Bluetooth disconnected last night on phone.   Can't connect this morning.   Have turned off the phone off and tried to reconnect to bluetooth twice!  Help!

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @LLEALW. Welcome to the Community Forums.

Thanks for every step tried to get your Sense connected via Bluetooth. I'm sorry you're having this experience and let me give you a hand. Before anything else, are you getting an error message when trying to connect it? Also, what is the model and OS/software version of your phone? Is your phone the only Bluetooth device next to your Sense when trying to sync? Let me explain that we recommend to not have multiple Bluetooth devices when trying to sync your watch, as that may interfere with the connection. 

Even though you've tried troubleshooting your watch, I'd recommend to give a try to the following:

1. Turn off the Bluetooth in your phone and any other device nearby.
  2. Force quit the Fitbit app.
  3. Reboot your phone and restart your watch.
  4. Turn on the Bluetooth only on your phone and open the Fitbit app.
  5. Tap your profile picture > Set Up a Device > Sense > Replace Device.
  6. Follow the onscreen instructions and if prompted, accept to pair your watch with your phone.

I'll look forward to your response.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
88 REPLIES 88

Hi @LLEALW. Welcome to the Community Forums.

Thanks for every step tried to get your Sense connected via Bluetooth. I'm sorry you're having this experience and let me give you a hand. Before anything else, are you getting an error message when trying to connect it? Also, what is the model and OS/software version of your phone? Is your phone the only Bluetooth device next to your Sense when trying to sync? Let me explain that we recommend to not have multiple Bluetooth devices when trying to sync your watch, as that may interfere with the connection. 

Even though you've tried troubleshooting your watch, I'd recommend to give a try to the following:

1. Turn off the Bluetooth in your phone and any other device nearby.
  2. Force quit the Fitbit app.
  3. Reboot your phone and restart your watch.
  4. Turn on the Bluetooth only on your phone and open the Fitbit app.
  5. Tap your profile picture > Set Up a Device > Sense > Replace Device.
  6. Follow the onscreen instructions and if prompted, accept to pair your watch with your phone.

I'll look forward to your response.

Best Answer

I had the same problem, i cleared the Fitbit app memory (note, that some settings are not saved in the cloud, so you will have to go over the settings again (and thats a thing Fitbit really, really should improve)) but now it works again.

Best Answer

Same problem. Actually bought the sense because my charge 3 wouldn’t connect with blue. Grrrrr

Best Answer

I am having the same problem. I have tried your suggestions. My phone is not allowing Sense to connect to Bluetooth. It says"Go to app and pair sence".

Best Answer

Old Fitbit Charge3 stopped connecting so I bought Sense. Same issues. Tried everything. Returned. Bought Apple Watch. Love it!

Best Answer

LLEALW, your post was 5 weeks ago.  I presume you did get bluetooth connected.  Did you?

Denise, I changed my phone yesterday and had problems with getting bluetooth connected.  Bluetooth can be very problematical.  In any event, I eventually did a factory reset on the Sense and during the re-installation the Sense paired with the iPhone.  Now works fine. So you might try that. Oh, one last thing, to quote someone else, remember that you have to have all other bluetooth applications closed/turned off when you are trying to pair your Sense and your phone. Bluetooth gets confused if there is more than one possible pairing.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is the pairing supposed to be automatic?  I don't have any other bluetooth devices around and it's still not working.  I followed the instructions you've given and I keep getting the "Is Sense powered on?" message.  I'm about ready to take the **ahem** thing back to the shop and get my $500 back.  It's useless if I can't connect it.  I can't swipe on it either - or does that happen after your bluetooth is connected?

Best Answer

RoseF, if you cant swipe try re-starting - hold down the button until the screen goes blank, you should then get a small haptic buzz/pulse, and then, after a second or two or ten the Fitbit logo should come up.  Release, and wait and everything should start again.  In more formal Fitbit speak you can find this at under Fitbit help under the heading How do I restart my Fitbit device?

Best Answer

Started using today. No problem setting up yesterday. Charged today and now not connected to Bluetooth. After going through steps **repeatedly** all I can get is the keypad on both the phone and the watch. "Enter the 4 digits on your device's display" is useless because on the watch there's no number just the keypad of numbers. Frustrated. Have followed every step.

Link to number pad on both phone and watch
https://ibb.co/hFwBWcz

It's now stuck on "Sense found!" ... <connecting> ... won't connect.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer

OK, I seem to remember this.  You have to clear away the green number pad on the Sense first. You need to enter your security number that you set up during set up. The 4-digit number the app is asking for should come up on the Sense after you clear away the green number pad

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ugh!!! My fitbit sense just did the same.  It took days to establish a baseline temp now I will lose all of that when I reset? I am not pleased with Sense.  I was already frustrated because the functions that were advertised are still not available in Canada, now this. Help!!

Best Answer

Followed this, but still, bluetooth keeps getting disconnected. This is frustrating.

Best Answer

I am having similar issues. The sense is staying connected to my phone but the sense controls are not. I have restarted both my phone and Fitbit multiple times. I have unpaired and repaired the device multiple times.I have tried everything I can think of and looked everywhere for help, but nothing is working.

Also, the Fitbit will not give me a temperature reading. I have kept it on for more than 3 nights but it still won’t read.

Help!

Best Answer

I have done this repeatedly. Sometimes it will work for a while. But when I do this I tend to lose minutes on the Fitbit. I don’t want to have to do this every time I want it to sync.

Best Answer

Still does not work after following these instructions.

Best Answer

I’m having the same exact issue. I received the Sense as a Christmas gift today and I’ve tried everything..,deleting and reinstalling app, restarting the Fitbit, making sure the sense is the only Bluetooth connected, making sure notifications are correct in setting and the the “Share Systems Notifications” is enabled. Nothing worked.  I’m about to tell my husband to return it. 

Best Answer

Same here! Christmas gift. Tried EVERYTHING... sense controls not staying paired to Bluetooth. BS! Even reset sense to factory settings and “forgot device” on Fitbit app. Restarted everything. Nothing is working. It will pair for literally seconds... then it unpairs. I have a new iPhone 12 and my systems are completely up to date. I’m thinking I’ll return it and switch to Apple Watch. 

Best Answer

I returned and ordered the Garmin Venu. I was really looking for a fitness watch and this sounds like it will fit the bill. Hopefully it works out. Good luck with the Apple Watch! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have considered returning mine as well. Big hype but features are still not available.   Seems like false advertisement in a lot of ways.  
Best Answer