Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sense won't stay connected to Wi-Fi

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just bought the Sense. The watch won't stay connected to my wifi. At times says the password is wrong even though it is right. I've factory reset the watch which then connected for about a  minute and then disconnected again. The watch and phone are paired but not connected. Everything works on the watch but the heart rate won't transfer to my Fiton app which was the goal of all of this.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

@TaiaP Welcome to the Community Forums.

Thanks for taking the time to troubleshoot your Sense and for the details provided. I'm sorry you're having this experience and to work on this, may I know the model of your phone? Do you have your watch plugged into the charging cable when trying to connect to Wi-Fi? Also, did you see an error message when trying to sync or connect to your Wi-Fi?

If you haven't done so, I'd recommend reconnecting your watch to your account:

1. Remove your Sense from the Bluetooth settings.
  2. Force quit the Fitbit app and reboot your phone.
  3. Restart your watch.
  4. Open the Fitbit app, tap your profile picture > Set Up a Device.
  5. Select your Sense, tap Replace Device and follow the on-screen instructions.
  6. Make sure to have your Sense plugged into the charging cable and next to your router to ensure it'll connect to your network.

About your other question, I went ahead to review your details and it seems you already got in touch with our Support team. Because they're providing you with assistance, please follow their instructions and keep the communication with them.

Hope this helps.

Best Answer
Hello Fitbit,

I have a Samsung S21 5G phone. The Fitbit device is listed under Available Devices as M104ZZ4. But when I try to pair the Fitbit with the phone a message comes up "An app is needed to use this device." So I am unable to pair or connect the device. The Fitbit app is installed already. I have been able to pair The Fitbit Sense Controls. Initially both phone calls and audio are enabled but then the setting to the phone automatically switches off.

I have not had the Fitbit plugged into the charging cable. I receive no error message. It will connect to the home wifi if I manually connect it by choosing "Connect"  but it will not stay connected if I navigate away from the Fitbit app. It does not connect automatically when I am home.

I've been told Fitbit only accesses the wifi to download music or install firmware. But Fiton's website says to work with the Fitbit Sense, Fiton needs the Fitbit to be connected to wifi. When it is connected to the wifi, the Fiton mobile app will read the heart rate from the Fitbit. But again if I navigate away from the wifi connection page on the Fitbit mobile app, I lose connection.

So bottom line, I am not able to remove the Sense from the bluetooth settings because of the message referenced above regarding needing an app.

Regarding the Support ticket I opened, they gave me no help at all in solving this problem which is why I went this route. They basically said it's a Fiton issue. 

Thank you for your time.

Taia Peters
Best Answer

Hi @TaiaP. It's good to see you here again.

Thanks for getting back with more details, and for your efforts while working on this matter. Before anything else, let me explain that it's not necessary to manually pair your watch in the Bluetooth settings as this process will be done when syncing. The same with the Sense Controls which will connect as soon as you receive a call. If you see them disconnected the rest of the time, that'll be okay as it's the expected behavior.

That being said, it's kind of odd that your Sense appears as M104ZZ4 in the Bluetooth settings. If possible, could you take a picture of that screen and attach it in your reply? This will help me to investigate on my end. Additionally, please skip the first step and give a try to the rest of the suggestions shared above to see how it goes.

In regards to your other question, let me explain that your Sense needs to be plugged into the charging cable in order to connect to your Wi-Fi network. I understand that you'd like to use FitOn and let me share that according to their websiteyou'll only need to open the FitOn watch app on your Sense before starting a workout to stream real-time heart rate. If this isn't happening, my best recommendation is to get in touch with them so you can receive further details.

Best Answer
0 Votes