Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sense won't sync or connect to Wi-Fi

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit is struggling with software. I have been a Fitbit user for years, but I’m on the fence on leaving and going to apple. When you charge $300+ for a “smart watch,” it should be smart. Why are auto syncs sporadic and sometimes don’t work? Why do I have to sync constantly to update weather? Why do I get the same calendar reminder 100 times?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
35 REPLIES 35

You can update the Sense through your phone if you can not connect the sense to WiFi. 

If doing it through the phone, the phone may be connected to cellular or WiFi. 

Best Answer

Hi there, @SunsetRunner. @Rich_Laue It's good to see you here and thanks for your reply.

@SunsetRunner Thanks for keeping me posted about this situation, you've done a good job with the steps! As you may know, it's required to connect your Sense to a Wi-Fi connection when updating the firmware or using certain apps. Also, I'd recommend updating your watch over a home Wi-Fi network to reduce the time it can take to complete the set up.

Because your watch is still unable to connect to your network, if possible, please try going to your friend's house to update the firmware. Then, you can use and sync your Sense as you've been doing so far. If by any chance the issue persists, please get in touch with our Support team so they can investigate what may be occurring. Click here to get connected with them via chat or phone.

Hope this helps.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Lizzy!   Finally (after one more failure with wifi trying the 2.4) I had a chance to call Fitbit tech support today and got a great guy named Bob on the phone. Yay Bob!  I told him about my exchanges with you guys here, about the 802.11  etc.   So he went from there to take me through the steps to Forget the Sense and start over just via Bluetooth, no wifi.  So the *new* Sense is now loaded with Version 128.6.12.  Apparently it will operate now on just bluetooth, not wifi.  It was my understanding from what he said that the next update (no prediction on when that will be) might hopefully fix the wifi incompatibility?  Thanks to you, I started googling what the 802.11 actually is (cnet article) and I think it’s 802.11ac, and the previous was 802.11n (is that also what our 2.4 is although it did not work for me).  Sorry for being confusing LOL.   Anyway, happy as clam that I’m updated and all is working fine including Google **ahem**’t and all the other stuff. Just went on a hike in our forest and it tracked me.  Appreciate all your guidance!  Instead of going to friend’s house for wifi, now we’re meeting her in our small cowboy town for Wine Wednesday tomorrow!  

Best Answer

Hi @SunsetRunner. It's good to see you.

I appreciate the time taken in troubleshooting your Sense. I'm glad you were able to update the firmware with the assistance of our Support team via phone. This is great news and rest assured your feedback will also be passed along to evaluate our procedures, as well as improve our services. If you need anything else, don't hesitate to share your questions in the Community Forums.

Have an awesome day! 😊

Best Answer

I have this issue too. Can’t do the update. Maybe Fitbit wants us to buy a new one!

Best Answer

@Karenpvfc at what point does the failure occur. 

Is the tracker on its powered charging cable? 

Once WiFi fails, do you say yes to update through BT? 

Have you tried with the phone connected to the same WiFi that the tracker is connected to. 

Best Answer

Hi Karen, Call tech support.  The guy/Bob got mine all fixed up with several steps, and it didn’t take that long.  Updated with bluetooth, not wifi, after “forgetting” the device and setting up again - per my post above.  Actually, I asked if he knew when a new Sense might be released - he didn’t know but thought it likely would be a while.  Mine has a cracked screen (no idea, I did not drop it or crunch it) but the screen saver is working great and stays securely so I’m ok for now.  No warranty.  I have read about a lot of cracked screens here.   

Best Answer

Hi there, @Karenpvfc@Rich_Laue and @SunsetRunner Thanks for your great help.

@Karenpvfc I'm sorry you're having this issue and appreciate your efforts while working on this. In addition to the suggestions shared by our friends, please give a try to the troubleshooting steps described in this help article and let me know how everything goes.

Hope this helps.

Best Answer

Hi Lizzy!  I sure hope the engineers fix the incorrect flights of stairs thing someday soon!  On December 12 I earned a Satellite award for 35,000 lifetime floors.  Well, we all know that’s not correct.  Not deserving of that!  So far today it says I’ve climbed 15 floors.  In reality, maybe 2.  Pffft yesterday, 56 floors.  Not!   Happy Tuesday!  Just tell them we’re still waiting.  It’s probably giving them restless nights = lousy sleepscores!  LynneaF4F7EFE0-9831-4200-82ED-84480F7533D3.png

Best Answer

Hi there, @SunsetRunner.

Thanks for keeping me posted, and for the screenshot provided. I totally understand your point of view and I'm sorry you're having this issue with the floors not being tracked correctly by your Sense. Our team will continue working on this matter to identify a solution, and please know your feedback will be shared internally to keep them informed of this situation, as well as your experience.

See you around.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Lizzy, It sure seems as if my Sense is requiring charging more frequently these days.  Is that a new thing?  

Also, curious as to whether ALL Sense devices are having the floor tracking problem, or is it just some?  Have they figured out whether it is a software problem or a flaw in the actual device?  It just seems odd that it’s taking so long to address with as many of them/us out here and considering how much we paid for them.  Going to be a white Christmas here!  Hope you enjoy your holidays!  Lynnea

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner It's good to see you again.

Thanks for keeping me posted. In regards to your Sense, may I know if you've tried the suggestions described in this help article? Because certain features such as Snore Detect, GPS and SpO2 tracking impact the battery life, I'd suggest following those tips in case you haven't done so. If the issue persists, get in touch with our Support team so they can evaluate your options. Click here to get connected with them via chat or phone.

Currently I don't have further details about the issue with the floors not being accurate. However, every feedback shared in the forums is being provided to our team so they can work on this situation and identify a possible solution. I understand how frustrating this can be and please know your feedback will be passed along to keep our team informed of the impact to you.

I hope you had a great white Christmas with your family, and keep enjoying this holiday season!

See you around. 🎄

Best Answer

Hi Lizzy, thanks for being here.  Yes, I know that those features you mention draw down the battery.  However, I have ALWAYS used them; actually bought the Sense specifically for ther spO2 feature for all the obvious reasons; I use GPS when tracking hikes in our woods, I don’t snore (thanks to using a CPAP).  So nothing has changed to make battery drain more quickly.  HOWEVER, do you remember I had a chat with tech support as I couldn’t get Sense to update as I couldn’t connect to wifi?  That guy walked me through to just update via Bluetooth so I wonder if that is affecting battery power (no wifi conn)?  Just grasping at straws LOL.   With a cracked screen (not covered by warranty and I didn’t drop it, no idea how it happened) and these issues, I am actually researching Apple Watch features.  I don’t get a good sense that their sleep tracking is great though, and that is a major thing to me.  I do think there are separate apps that can track it on Apple though?  Anybody wanna chime in re Apple Watch?  Just in a quandary, and I don’t see any new Sense being brought to market in the near future from what I was told by tech. If things start going downhill more rapidly, I’ll call tech.  Had to charge Sense again yesterday after only a day and a half.  As was stated in Shakespeare, “Something’s rotten in Denmark…”.   Thanks for being supportive, and happy 3rd Day of Christmas!  Definitely a White Christmas here (10F) and will be tracking my snowshoeing adventure today with Sense…   Lynnea

Best Answer

Hi there, @SunsetRunner.

You're welcome, thanks to you for sharing this detailed information. I understand where you're coming from and I'm sorry for the inconvenience you've had with your Sense. This is definitely not the experience that we want you to have and rest assured this feedback will be provided to our team so they can improve our devices.

About your question, I do recall that your Sense had to do the update via Bluetooth; however that process shouldn't affect the battery life. Because the issue persists even though you've not changed your settings or the way you use your watch, I'd suggest contacting our Support team so they can evaluate its behavior and continue helping you with this matter. Please click here to get connected with them via chat or phone.

Hope you have a blessed New Year and stay warm! 🙂

Best Answer

Hi Lizzy, Thanks as always for responding.  Yep, had to charge my Sense again this morning.  I will call tech support next wk when everyone is back in gear after the holidays to see if they have any insights.  I did check out reviews of the Apple watch but didn’t like what I read, so I’m just hoping a new Sense (or whatever new generation) will be released sometime in the near future.  It is a bummer to have to buy another watch so soon, but I’m tired of seeing the cracked screen, too, although the screen saver I got on amazon is holding perfectly well.  It was a 6pk from IQ Shield.  The one that I put on has been there for weeks now.  I’m amazed not even an edge has peeled up, especially since the edges on the watch are curved.  I did follow specific instructions and took my time with it - paid off.  Happy New Year’s Eve!

Best Answer

Hi @SunsetRunner. Happy New Year to you!

You're welcome, I appreciate you for keeping me posted. I'm sorry the issue with the battery persists on your watch and please get in touch with our Support team as soon as you can. That way, they can further investigate and provide you with further assistance.

I totally understand your point of view about the Sense. Every feedback shared in the forums is always provided to our team so we can evaluate our devices, and improve them, and rest assured yours will be passed along. 

Have a good one.

Best Answer