Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sense won't sync since the app update

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Since my app updated a couple of days ago my device no longer connects to my phone via Bluetooth. The phone cannot connect with the app. The device can now not update either. 

I have:

Powered phone off and restarted 3 times.
I turned shutdown watch and powered it back on. 
Then uninstalled app and installed  again twice however  it won't accept my password. 
Rest password 3 times. Still can't.
checked password by logging in on website and password worked on website 
Repeated everything again still nothing.
Please advise the correct fix.

Moderator edit: subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @SunsetRunner.

Thanks for the details shared in your post and for already trying to resolve the issue. I was able to see that you have already contacted our Support team regarding this issue, please continue working with them since they have already all the details and special tools to continue assisting you. I know they will be glad to help you out and provide a solution.

See you around.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

So far no one has reached out to help with this issue.  It's now been 6 days. In addition my partners fitbit and app has started doing the same thing. Really wondering why no one seems to be acknowledging that the app's latest update crashed the app and 2, no one wants to help fitbit users fix it. At this point I wouldn't even be able to do an update if the even provided an update to fix this bug because I can not access the app account at all. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @SunsetRunner have you been able to log into your fitbit app? Since you are logged into your fitbit account when posting, I suggest to look at the saved password list in your browser. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi.

Yes, I checked that there wasn'ta password saved. I also reset my password several times as well.  I am able to log in on my desktop dashboard with the new password each time but not the app. 

Thank you for the suggestion though.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Resetting the fitbit password through the web browser will require the user to use this same password in the fitbit app. 

I wasn't asking to make sure that the password wasn't saved. I assumed like most users, you would have this feature enabled, or use a third party password manager. 

There should be no reason to change the password everytime if the user remembers, or uses a password manager. 

Best Answer

Thank you again.

I don't save my passwords nor do use a password manager. 

I did the step of resetting the password via the app as it kept giving an error message.  I'm still not able to access the APP. I realise I'm currently in the account.  The APP IS NOT WORKING it won't connect to the device and is no longer recognized as a functioning app on the phone. This only happened following the last update on Sunday. 

Best Answer
0 Votes