Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sense won't sync with my phone anymore

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Totally at a loss, My Fitbit sense watch does not reliably synchronize through Bluetooth with my phone. Is there a simple way to fix this? I've rebooted my phone. The watch will sometimes synchronize on its own but is unreliable apparently. What am I missing?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

I totally agree!  I replace my Fitbit about every 2 years because “something” happens and no fix from Fitbit. I’m going to stop this insanity and purchase an Apple Watch. 

Best Answer

Hi there, @Rljcw @Jcrouch. Welcome to the Fitbit Community Forums. Thanks for bringing this to my attention and for the troubleshooting steps you've tried. I'm sorry to hear that your Sense devices are still not connecting to your phones' Bluetooth. I understand where your concerns are coming from, I will do my best to help you with this. 

As a first approach, I suggest following the troubleshooting steps provided in this help article Why won't my Fitbit device sync?

If the issue persists, please try the steps below in the order listed: 

• Unpair your Fitbit device from your phone's Bluetooth and Fitbit app.
  • Unpair other Bluetooth devices that you may also have paired to your phone's Bluetooth settings.
  • Force quit the Fitbit app.
  • Turn off other Bluetooth connections when not in use. This can help to prevent connectivity issues or Bluetooth interference.
  • Shut off your phone and turn it on after 1-2 minutes.
  • Turn on the Bluetooth on your phone.
  • Plug it into the charging cable and open the Fitbit app.
  • Set up your Fitbit device.
  • If there is no connection, restart your Fitbit device.
  • Once your Fitbit device is paired and syncing, please proceed to set up your other Bluetooth devices to your phone again. 

With the steps above, what I want you to do is to pair your Sense first to your phone's Bluetooth settings before any other Bluetooth device is connected to your phone. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have been trying to pair my watch for two days. I’ve done all the above steps several times and still can not get my sense to sync. This is extremely frustrating to say the least! 

Best Answer

Hi there, @Csync. Welcome on board! I'm sorry to hear that your Fitbit device is still not pairing nor syncing. I appreciate you taking the time to troubleshoot this issue before posting here. I understand how frustrating this can be. 

I've seen you contacted our Support Team after posting here and they've already assisted you. If the steps that our team has provided did not work, please feel free to contact them back for further assistance. Since you already have a ticket open with them it'd be easier to continue the follow up on this matter with them directly. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

This all ends with being sent warranty information. 🙁

Best Answer
0 Votes

The Sense reset (holding side button for >10 sec worked for me. 

Best Answer