Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sense won't turn on

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit sense won't turn on. Did all the trouble shooting ideas and still nothing. When I push the start button nothing happens. No vibration or anything.

Lights/sensors on the back of the watch not on any more either

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

Hi @KimHodson - it would seem there is internal damage, such as water inside. Don't charge if it gets hot as that is dangerous.

If it is still under warranty, 1 or 2 years depending on country law, and is faulty the quickest way to resolve it is to take it to the shop for a new replacement, hopefully over the counter.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer

It's under that time frame but they are refusing. It doesn't seem right.   This is my 4th fitbit I've had to reace!😡

Best Answer

Confirm that you removed the plastic protective cover from the back of the device. You haven't used the device for several months, and it won't turn on. Leave your device plugged in to the charging cable for at least 30 minutes. If you still have trouble, contact Customer Support.

Best Answer

Hi there, @KimHodson and welcome to the Community, @Prayinmommy.

@KimHodson Thanks for the detailed information and I'm sorry you're having this experience with your Sense. If you've exhausted the troubleshooting steps described in this help article, I'd recommend contacting our Support team so they can evaluate your options. Just click here to get connected with them via chat or phone.

@Prayinmommy Thanks for getting in touch with our Support team. I understand how you're feeling and I'm sorry for this situation. I went ahead to check your details and it seems our team sent you an email with more details. Please check your inbox, spam or junk folders and keep an open communication with them.

@Guy_ and @Johnharper Thanks for your great suggestions!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Here’s what you need to do to fix this problem.

Solution 1: Restart your Fitbit Sense
Restart your Fitbit Sense

The first thing that you should consider doing when your Fitbit Sense is off is to restart the device. This refreshes its operating system and won’t delete any data stored in the watch.

Press and hold the button solid state button for 10 seconds until you see the Fitbit logo on the screen, and then release the button.

Solution 2: Charge your Fitbit Sense
Charge your Fitbit Sense
There’s a possibility that the Fitbit Sense battery charge has been depleted. If this is the case then you will need to charge your watch first before you can use it.

Sponsored by Bitrise
Mobile DevOps Summit
Register now for the Mobile DevOps Summit: a one-day, virtual conference that brings 2,500+ mobile developers and tech leads together to talk about the unique challenges faced by mobile teams. Learn mobile best practices, app performance tracking, strategic solutions, and actionable insights.

Register Now

Charging the Sense
Plug the charging cable into the USB port on your computer, a UL-certified USB wall charger, or another low-energy charging device such as a power bank.

Hold the other end of the charging cable near the port on the back of the watch until it attaches magnetically. Make sure the pins on the charging cable align with the port on the back of your watch.

The Sense battery will usually be fully charged in 1 to 2 hours. Try to check if it starts after charging.

In case the watch fails to charge then here are some troubleshooting steps that you can perform.

Clean the contacts
Try to clean the charging contacts on the back of the Sense as well as on the charging pad to ensure they stay bronze or gold in color. You can use a toothbrush with rubbing alcohol. Make sure that it is dry before charging.

Don’t use any metal material when cleaning the contacts as this will cause damage.

To properly maintain the Fitbit you should regularly keep it clean and dry.

Do not use hand soap, body soap, dish soap, hand sanitizers, cleaning wipes, household cleaners or other similar cleaning products to clean the band or device instead only use fresh water and a soap-free cleanser.

If this is a new watch and it is the first time you are charging it then it will still have its plastic protective cover at the back covering the charging pins.

Remove this cover so that you will be able to charge the device.

Defective charger
There’s a possibility that the charger you are using is defective.

Use a UL certified wall charger to charge the Fitbit. You can check if the charger is indeed working by using it to charge another device.

If the charging pad is defective then you should get a new one.

Regards,

Rachel Gomez

Best Answer

Hi there, @RachelGomez1619.

Thanks for the detailed information. Your post is very helpful and I'm sure it'll help other members visiting the Community Forums. If you have time, check our Health & Wellness board where you can make new friends, find great healthy tips and start your own topics. Happy stepping! 😊

Best Answer
0 Votes