Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sense wristband keeps falling off

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have had my Sense since Christmas and I  love it! However, the last few weeks my wristband will not stay on the device. The bottom band is constantly detaching from the device. I have tried different bands and they all fall off. I think the latch that holds it in place is malfunctioning. I’m not sure what to do.

Moderator edit: subject for clarity and updated label

Best Answer
10 REPLIES 10

Hi @derby5.  Since you have tried other bands, I would reach out to customer support to see if they might be able to replace the device.  It does sound like something internally isn't latching on to the bands.  

Have you tried using some of the compressed air and blowing it into the device where it should latch?  Perhaps something super tiny is stuck.  

Otherwise, I'd contact customer support for further resolution.  Best of luck!

Heather | Community Council | Eastern Shore, AL
Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.
Best Answer

I had the same issue with one Sense: the band kept falling off from the beginning during the first month having it.

I recorded a video showing the latch not always springing back up, and Fitbit confirmed the watch to be within warranty and said we can do a replacement.

However it turned out to be easier to return it from where I purchased it (Google Store, https://store.google.com) after chatting with them past the 15-day return deadline and showing them the videos.

Here are the two videos showing the latch issue:

https://youtu.be/inxrZS8NMrY

https://youtu.be/Ns8s7e_JsGM

Other than this, the watches are really awesome. I hope the latches will be improved in a following version of the hardware design.
Best Answer

Me too.

I have bought numerous straps-no luck

Best Answer

If the ECG/EDA features are not important to you, you can buy an all on one case/band. It eliminates the faulty clasp.

Or if under warranty, it can be sent back for a new one that may be refurbished. 

Sense Activation 11/3/20\IPhone 12 Pro Max\SimpleClockPro Watch Face\Spigen Rugged Armor Pro Case/Band
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the very same issue, but Fitbit refused to honor the warranty because I bought it on Ebay. 

I will never buy another Fitbit product!

Best Answer
0 Votes

They won't take mine back, even though it's under 1 year since purchase.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was wondering if I losing my mind! I have the same issue. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Nope. A poor design, and they know about it, but won't do anything.

I fixed mine. I just didn't get around to posting it.

First clean the band ends, and the openings in the bezel, with alcohol. Let
that dry thoroughly. Then, use silicone, just a light smear with a
toothpick, on the band ends that are up against the latch.

Snap the bands back in, and make sure they latch tightly. Tape the latch
shut if your's are loose. Leave the watch for 24 hours before using it
again. The band won't fall off again, although obviously, you can't change
bands at random.

I'm sure when the time comes that really need to change the bands, a little
force on the latch, and a slight tug, and the band with separate.
Best Answer

Very Frustrating. I will not be purchasing another one. I have had 3 different Fitbits. Each new one was to replace one that quit working or had issues.  

Best Answer
0 Votes
I will never buy another one either. I did finally fix the issue by
applying a light smear of silicone to the band where it snaps into the
bezel. It will never fall off ever again.
Best Answer
0 Votes