Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smashed screen (Sense) very unhappy

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The screen smashed on my sense - it dropped 18inches onto a tile floor! 

So upset it would break that easily!!

I have only had it a few months. 

Can screens be replaced? 

Not happy of the build quality if it smashes like this! Our other fitbits we have had - had no issues. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hi @frustratswim  screens can't be replaced. If you paid for the Sense via credit card, call the company and see if they have insurance or warranty on your item. A few members who had trouble with their devices were able to get replacements through their credit card company.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, @frustratswim, I'm sorry to hear of your mishap, Fitbit's warranty  & Fitbit Legal: Limited Warranty excludes accidental damage unless you have bought the FPP extended warranty which includes accidental damage and covers for 2 years. There is no service to replace screens, and the integrity of the adhesive seal would always be a weakness. Watches with broken screens covered by the warranty are replaced not repaired. I've read about purchasers in the US using certain Credit Cards which include a guarantee, if you are in that fortunate position you should explore the details (I have no experience with it). You may also want to review your home contents insurance though this will of course be subject to a franchise (Deductible) rendering it less than useful. Finally, you may have additional rights depending on the jurisdiction you are in.

Cheers 

Gr4ndp4 | UK
AWAKE! for morning in the bowl of light has cast the stone that set the stars to flight.

Best Answer