Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to set a custom distance goal for run

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, I have a Fitbit Sense and I would like to be able to set custom distance goal. For example I would like to be able to set a goal of 6.5 or 7.5 km so that the fitbit vibrates when I reach the target. At the moment the distance goal settings are pre-configured and the available options are fairly limited, the goal goes from 5km to 10km without any intermediate goal distance.

Stefano

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

Hello @Stewieberg and welcome to the Community.  I searched the Feature Suggestion forum and found  this one, marked as released.  I have a Versa 3, so it has the same Exercise app as your Sense.  I can't find it on the distance goal, either.  I'll flag this post to get a moderator to help.

In the meantime, if you can live with it, 6.5 km is 4 mi.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

@Stewieberg I don't think you can do it. There is only a list of predefined distances (interestingly, it doesn't include 16km which is quite common to run as 10mi). I think the feature suggestion that @LZeeW linked has been marked as "Released" due to not understanding the nature of the request.

Best Answer

@t.parker   I think you're right about this.  I searched older posts about this issue.  In an older post, a US user asked how to set their distance to 3.1 mi, because they were running a 5 k.  The best answer at the time was to change distance units in the app setting.  Looks like Fitbit's "custom" answer was to put metric and English distances on the distance goal option.

Fitbit likes to claim that it is a global company.  But there are many ways that it doesn't behave like a global company.  Your 16 km and my 10 mi are essentially the same distance.  But the only option is 10 mi.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

@Stewieberg Welcome to the Community. @LZeeW and @t.parker Thanks for stopping by to help our member.

Thanks for the details provided, and your insights on this situation. Let me explain the idea posted by @LZeeW was marked as Released since more options for distance goal were released at that time. However, I understand how helpful it'd be to create your own goal, for this reason we shared this other idea in the same post so other members can support it. This is the best way for our developers to understand what ideas our members want, as well as track their demand over time.

I appreciate everyone's feedback and we'll keep working to improve our devices, as well as their features.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@LizzyFitbit the suggestion you linked says "This Feature Suggestion was archived due to inactivity.".

Best Answer

Hi @LizzyFitbit the suggestion you posted is marked as "This Feature Suggestion was archived due to inactivity."

Best Answer

Hi there, @t.parker and @Stewieberg.

Thanks for the heads up. I just edited my post to include the correct suggestion. Please add your vote to support this idea and you can check our FAQs to learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed. Have a good one!

Best Answer