Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to reply to text messages on Sense

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just received the sense yesterday and it won't allow me to reply to text msg on my watch. If I receive a msg it does shows me the notification on my watch and it only give me an open option or clear...I've chat with customer support and spoken to them and they all seem like this is normal?

I do have Samsung s21 if that helps

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

Best Answer
16 REPLIES 16

I've had this issue for me on Android. I think I found that of I was on mute or do not disturb, I able to see the notification but not reply. I could be mistaken though. That was before I turned on "Always vibrate" and I don't think I've noticed reply issues, so far.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for replying unfortunately that's not the issues 😕 

Best Answer

Hi there, @Msstarletstella and @eezeepee.

@Msstarletstella Thanks for the details provided, and your efforts while contacting our Support team. This feature is available on devices paired to an Android phone and it should work correctly when syncing with your Samsung Galaxy S21. I'm sorry this isn't the case and to work on this together, let me recommend trying the following steps:

1. Unpair your Sense from the Bluetooth settings.
  2. On your phone's settings, tap App > Fitbit > Storage > Clear Cache.
  3. Go back one screen, tap Force Stop and reboot your phone.
  4. Restart your watch to refresh its performance.
  5. Open the Fitbit app and pull down on the screen to force a manual sync.

On your Sense, swipe right from the clock face and check if the DND and Sleep Mode are still disabled. Also, make sure the notifications are enabled on the Fitbit app and try receiving a notification to text the quick replies feature.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m having the same trouble with mine. I bought a new phone and a new fitbit and it’s doing the same thing it was with my versa 3. I have called fitbit numerous times and they can’t help me. I’ve gone to the store where I bought my phone and they can’t fix it so I guess I’ll send my new sense back and maybe look at apple. I really like the fitbit though and wish it would work.

Best Answer

Welcome to the Community, @debtin41.

Thanks for letting me know about your Sense, and your efforts while working on this matter. I'm sorry you've had this experience with your watch. Our team constantly works on our devices to improve them, and the input we receive from our members is a big part of the process. Your feedback is truly appreciated and please know it won't go unnoticed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same issue. After upgrading my phone from Android 11 to 12 I couldn't reply on my sense. That was because stock sms app is not well functioning with replies. So I installed Pulse SMS and it works great.

Best Answer

Hi there, @apek862002.

Thanks for joining this thread and sharing the steps that worked for you. I'm glad you're able to reply to your text messages and I'm sure your post will help other members experiencing similar issues.

By the way, let me invite you to check our Health & Wellness board where you can make new friends and share your stories. Happy stepping! 😊

Best Answer
0 Votes

hey i just got my fitbit sense but i have iphone 12. it took a while to start the fitbit so when i finally after hours got it i won’t log out then in.. when i tap to answer message on fitbit the only option i got it’s to clear message. i rly want to be able to answer and i have it paired to my phone and all stuff. what can i do?

Best Answer
0 Votes

did you download pulse sms on the fitbit? how did you do that. i personally have iphone 12 and also its supposed to work but im having trouble

Best Answer
0 Votes

Before I try this-- -unpairing---has it helped anyone solve the problems?  I am not tech literate --- so i hate to mess around with tech stuff and get all confused! LOL  Thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I never was able to get my Fitbit sense to work so I sent it back. I’m now going with apple products.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes
I tried everything to fix mine but nothing worked so I sent it back.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Sadly, I have loved it for over a year!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks alot. This thread resolved my issue too.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone

I know this post is a few years later than the original but I just bought a new phone samsung galaxy S23 and was having the exact same issue x 5 days. I tried everything and also contacted fitbit. No one could understand what was happening. Finally I realized that I had set my samsung messages as my default messaging app and that was the reason it was not working. When I reverted back to the original messaging app that was preset with the phone(google messaging) and reconfigured my setting in both my phone and my app to allow notifications, it WORKED. Now I can read messages and reply on my watch. 

Hope this is helpful for anyone having this same issue

Best Answer

Hi there, @JudFit50.

Thanks for joining this thread and sharing the steps that worked for you. Your post is very useful and I'm sure it'll help other members who may have the same issues with their Sense. By the way, I'd like to invite you to visit our Health & Wellness board where you can start your own topics and find tips to stay motivated while reaching your goals.

Have a good one!

Best Answer
0 Votes