Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to set up Fitbit Pay on Sense

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So, again another functionality of fitbit that does't seem to work.  When I press wallet in the app I get the following notification. I would have liked to add a screenshot, but since this forum doesn't allow for uploads, I will have to describe how the notification looks. When I press the wallet in the app, a loading screen follows, thereafter I get the following message: Error registering sense with fitbit pay wallet Invalid Tracker trust payload: long hashcode GrizzlyBer::Parsingerror. A quick google search show that it is a parsingerror in the programming language ruby. Grizzlyber is a libraray that is used for processing EMV transaction-related data. So, basically the code for fitbit pay is not finished yet. Like what the heck?????

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
53 REPLIES 53

Hi - I got my sense today. I have been able to add one debit card to the wallet but not a second card. I have two from separate banks. When I have deleted one I can add the other so I have been able to add each card successfully just not both at once. Any one else with this problem? Any ideas?

Ionic = deceased. Sense since 25/9
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, @hiko , you can definitely upload a screen shot.  Just click on the camera icon at the top of the reply box and choose your photo to upload.

As for your question, can you let us know what country you are in where you are experiencing this issue?

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer

@hiko - I'm in the Netherlands and I was able to add one card to the wallet but unfortunately not a second card.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did press the photo button, however on desktop. I am in NL. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@hiko I used the app on my phone. I was able to add my ABN AMRO card and also a RABO card (one or the other but not both). 

Best Answer
0 Votes

What phone do you use? and what software and version?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Samsung S10+ Android 10.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

selected best answer by accident lol, can't undo

Best Answer

Hi @hiko and @Mike_Croy, it's great to see you here in the forums. @Julia_G, thanks for stopping by to help our members.

Thanks for the information provided. I'm sorry that the Fitbit Pay feature isn't working on your Sense and let's work on this together. Because your post didn't mention, try logging out from the Fitbit app, force stop the Fitbit app, reboot your phone, open the Fitbit app, log back in and try adding your card to the Wallet app one more time. If you get an error message, please take a screenshot of it. For instructions to attach a picture in your reply, check this post.

@hiko, please provide me with the model and OS/software version of your phone. Also, let me know if your bank appears in the Fitbit Pay supported banks list. By the way, I've removed the best answer from this thread on your behalf.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@LizzyFitbit thanks for the tip. I just force stopped the Fitbit app (no phone reboot) and I was able to successfully add the second debit card - I now have a Rabobank and ABN AMRO card in the wallet

Best Answer
0 Votes

Android 10,  oneplus 6.  The bank appears in the list. I still get the same error.

Best Answer

Hi Lizzy, any updates? Still not able to use fitbit pay 😞

Best Answer

HI @Mike_Croy and @hiko. It's nice to see you here again.

@Mike_Croy, you're welcome and thanks for trying those suggested steps. I'm glad that you were able to add your second card and I hope you enjoy the experience with your new watch! 

@hiko, thanks for your reply and for confirming that your bank appears in the supported banks list. I'm sorry that this issue persists and I'd suggest to give one last try to the following steps:

1. Go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone and remove the Sense from the list.
  2. Restart your Sense as described here.
  3. Open the Fitbit app, tap your profile icon > Set Up a Device. Choose the Sense and follow the onscreen instructions.
  4. Once the process is completed, try adding your card to the Wallet app.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi all, I'm having a similar issue (I think). When trying to set up Fitbit Pay on my Sense or trying to set up the Device Lock, I get a pop-up that reads, "An unexpected error occurred. Please try again later."  I would have upload a photo / video of this, but I'm not seeing the option to do so.

I've tried everything that that @LizzyFitbit has mentioned in both of her responses, but this did not resolve the issue.

I'm based in the United States and trying to set up my Chase and American Express cards, all of which were set up on my Versa 2 without any issues. I'm pairing my Sense with an iPhone 11 Pro Max, running iOS 14.0.

Best Answer

I have a similar problem. Can’t setup Fitbit pay because fitbit app stops the setup process but the failure message is an other: „fetching trust payload failed load with result: 6a84“

Best Answer

Wow... Something was actually written in Ruby and went out to the public? I thought that languages heyday was a decade ago.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried to use fitbit pay on my new Sense using a US bank debit card. When I go to the pay terminal my fitbit gives the blue tick icon and vibrates but the terminal says "can not read card".

Is this an issue with the Sense or the terminal? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've just received my fitbit sense. When I try to open the wallet app on the Sense, it states I need to first open the Fitbit app and configure the wallet. When I try to configure the wallet, I receive a pop up notification that states:

Error Registering Sense with Fitbit Wallet:

Invalid tracker trust paylod: **PAYLOAD TEXT Omitted*

GrizzlyBer::ParsingError

I have tried to restart the tracker, my phone, and also uninstalling the wallet app...

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Best Answer

Hi Lizzy, 

I followed the steps and still get the same error. Can you please let me know when this is going to fixed. I am considering to return my watch, because so many of the advertised functionalities doesn't work. 

Best Answer