Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using a Rubber Band to Wear

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

May I use a rubber band instead of using a watch band to wear the FitBit Sense? Will the FitBit Sense's sensor's accuracy be affected?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@1_ If you are looking for a stretchable/elasticated band, there are plenty available by third parties. I just checked Amazon and there are some on there. I can't see this interfering with accuracy, as long as the sensors are making good contact with the skin it should be fine. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

Welcome to the Fitbit community.

Well, the sense is definitely not designed or recommended to be warned that way. So it will for sure affect its accuracy tracking and sensors. What's wrong with wearing the watch band?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @1_  was there a reason for not wanting to wear the band that came with the Sense? With the sensors on the pebble portion of the Sense, it shouldn't matter if it's the original band or not. To be sure of this, I've asked a Fitbit Moderator to stop by to address this. 

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer

@1_ If you are looking for a stretchable/elasticated band, there are plenty available by third parties. I just checked Amazon and there are some on there. I can't see this interfering with accuracy, as long as the sensors are making good contact with the skin it should be fine. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer

If anything, I would think wearing a rubber band may damage the Sense more than it would make the Sense more accurate.

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer
0 Votes

When @1_ said rubber band, I'm thinking of a plain old rubber band like these.

Screenshot_20220226-134632.png

I don't get exactly how it's being worn. 😆

Best Answer
0 Votes

@eezeepee  at first, I did, too. Then I thought about the different material used to make the bands. Some called the original bands for the Flex "rubber" when it was silicon. There are people making bands on some crafts for sale sites that are so creative. 

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes