Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waiting over a month for a warranty replacement of a Sense

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

waiting over a month for a warranty replacement of my Sense.  Customer service via chat and calls is useless.  Just one excuse after another and now the reps have become rude and dismissive. They keep saying it is escalated and someone will contact me and another week has gone by with no results. Can anyone help?

Moderator edit: format. 

Best Answer
17 REPLIES 17

Hi @NJlake  I've notified a moderator to stop by to see if they can assist you. From what I've seen on the forums, a return might take longer due to the shipping process, but Fitbit will get in touch with you.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you!

It has been over a month due to Smart Post. Had someone told me I would have paid to ship my defective device overnight.

Once Fitbit finally did receive the defective device, they started telling me I had to wait five (5) business days before anything could be done.

That was two (2) weeks ago.

I call and chat every day and every day I get a different story and anotehr excuse. My case has been excalated but no one conatcts me. Just recently the reps starting telling me a special advocate was handling by case but still no calls.

In desparation today I asked if I should contact the Fitbit Community for help and the rep on the chat promptly and rudely dismissed me with a very insulting sign off and ended the chat.

It is troubleing that there is no one in the US call center to speak with and no way to get to a higher authrity. The call center and chat is useless!

I hear dogs barking and cooking and children in the background. There is no hesiation to disclose the chat is being handled in Central America and they have no way to reach anyone to help.

This is the worst customer servcie I have ever experienced!
Best Answer

Hi NJlake,

I agree with you completely about their customer service. It is terrible. Definitely the worst I've ever had to deal with. They are completely uninterested in resolving problems. And their responses are filled with useless and nonsensical platitudes. 

During this time that you have been waiting for your replacemet device have you been without a watch the whole time? That would be really unfortunate and unacceptable to go so long without a device that you paid good money for.

I hope your issue is resolved quickly but I'm not holding my breath.

Best Answer

Yeah, I'm dealing with the same thing.  This is my third fitbit in a row that hasn't lasted a year.  The first two were replaced very quickly, and they sent a replacement without my needing to return them.  My sense died within seven months, and now I'm on week five awaiting replacement.  Not sure what's going on, but this is just unacceptable to me.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you very much for your thoughts!  The true agony is that when my Sense broke the first replacement was received in a few days but was dead on arrival and could not be revived.  That began the long journey of sending  back the dead replacement  by Smart Post and now over a month without my Sense.  Have been using my old Blaze during the wait.  This horrible customer service experience has crushed all positives about Fitbit and I plan on buying an Apple Watch 7 the minute it is available.  Having no way to contact Fitbit Headquarters the hierarchy will have no idea just how bad things are at Fitbit.  Sad state of affairs!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back to us and thank you for sharing your Sense replacement inquiries @NJlake@BoraBobbyK@Tara46. Thank you for the heads up @Odyssey13.

I understand how frustrating this could be and I have updated your cases. You should receive a response soon.

Keep on visiting the forums. 

Best Answer

Can you believe my replacement is still not shipped?  Latest update is “label created, still not in USPS system going on for 3 days  now. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm sorry to hear your replacement Sense hasn't shipped yet @NJlake..

I know how frustrating this could be and I updated your case.

Thank you for your patience. 

Best Answer

Hi there,

same thing happening in Aus. Weeks ago I contacted support was promised they would get back to me!!!

Fitbit were good but since they have been taken over by Google it appears that their customer service is non existent.

When this replacement does die, which they all do I will be looking to change to another company and device which is a shame as they had a great product and interface.

Moderator edit: format. 

Best Answer

Hello Andrea,

Why not expedite the watch to a customer that has been waiting way to long for it? That would be more productive than thanking him for his patience, IMHO.

Best Answer

Thanks for getting back to us and for your feedback @gordon79 and @BoraBobbyK.

I checked your case and your replacement has already been processed @gordon79.

Thank you for sharing your concern @BoraBobbyK. I'm not able to expedite the watches. 

Best Answer

Thank you for your response andrea.

I did not mean for you to personally expedite the watch. But maybe you are able to talk to people in the company that can. How does that sound?

Or do you feel that waiting a month and a half for a watch is acceptable?

Keep checking the forums.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back to us and for sharing your query with me @BoraBobbyK.

Shipping department is a different department and we really don't have much communication between departments. 

Have a nice day. 

Best Answer

Thank you for your response. 

I didn't know that the departments at fitbit do not communicate. Thank you for that candid response. It actually explains a lot. 

Have a great night.

Best Answer

Thanks for getting back to us and for understanding @BoraBobbyK

Have a great day ahead. 

Best Answer

You're welcome.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @BoraBobbyK.

I'd like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you can share your experiences, meet people and create new topics.

Best Answer