Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are your thoughts about the Sense and Versa 3?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I'm thinking I'll upgrade around Christmas time, but I'm torn between the Sense and Versa 3. I like the health features of the Sense, but I'm thinking the stress score would lead to more stress. 😂

Other than the health sensors they seem to be the same device, so I'll keep coming to the forums and let some of you be beta testers for me. I'm not really concerned about the price difference as the Sense is a good deal and looks like a ground-breaking wearable. I'd love to hear some of your thoughts.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
19 REPLIES 19

Hi @datalore.

I'll definitely be getting the Sense myself, I'm very excited about the extra sensors and health metrics it has to offer. As far as I know you have to physically initiate the stress testing (by placing your palm on the screen/bezel). I don't believe it will be something that is always in your face, although I agree for some it could lead to anxiety.

If price isn't a concern, I'd definitely say go for the Sense. It makes sense 😉 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer

If its anything like the way the Garmin devices do stress its not so much your stress level in regards to your surroundings and life, its more your heart stress to determine if you are working out too frequently and stressing your heart too much and need to dial it down to give your heart some recovery time.

Best Answer

Yeah, after some time to think the Sense is the one. I get a discount through my health insurance which brings the price of the sense down to $264.00. I think that's a great deal. I'll still lurk on here and see others experience with it, but I have my Christmas present from me to me. 

Best Answer

I checked my health insurance discounts and they haven't added the Sense or Versa 3 to eligible products yet. Charge 4 is the latest they offer. Bummer.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It just take a day or two sometimes, but it should show up. I'm blue cross and they're usually quick about it, but it's coming. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm blue cross also but using their anthem plan. Guess its the poor mans blue cross. They never update quickly.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've been wavering on it too. I have the Versa 2 and it isn't that old! The only thing that really irked me was no GPS. It looks like both the Versa 3 and the Sense GPS battery life is 12 hours which is really good too. A lot of Garmins only get 6-8 hours of battery life with GPS running. The Versa 3 is what I need and I worry about too much stuff means more to go wrong however I am intrigued by the Sense and am starting to go in that direction.

Best Answer

I'll believe those GPS battery claims when I see them. The charge 4 with its built in GPS barely lasts over 2 hours before dead. Its unusable with times like that and I just kept the assisted GPS on instead.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Good to know, thank you. The Garmins had been mostly reliable though I made sure to charge them right before the event if I knew I'd be out 5+ hours. I'm a while before I am at those kind of hours again but I'd like at least 8 I think for the GPS to make it worthwhile.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Z06tim The Ionic was claimed to have around 10 hours of battery on GPS when it was released. I found the claim to be quite accurate, so I'm hopeful this will also be the case with the Sense. The difference here though is that with the Sense we should have more control over GPS (on board, connected etc). As for the Charge 4, I seem to get about what's advertised (which still isn't brilliant). 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m still on the original versa. The main reason i haven’t already upgraded is that I rely on the two right side buttons for things like adjusting volume. It’s much nicer to have tactile buttons than a touch screen when you want to keep your eyes on your surroundings.

For that reason my next watch will likely be an Apple since it has the digital crown.

Best Answer

I never really liked the design of the Ionic, but man that GPS was rock solid. I'd consistently get close to 10 hours on hikes with no problem. I guess like most things it depends on your usage case and the watch you get, but in general Fitbit tends to be spot on with their specs, or at least in the neighborhood. Mind you that's been my experience with them. 

Best Answer

I'll be waiting and watching the forums as well. And see what Costco and Sams are offering around Thanksgiving. They had both Versa versions for $139 at times, which is about as good as it got. 

Best Answer

I went with samsung active 2 44mm, much better battery life by at least two days. After my nightmare with the versa fitbit lost me.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I would like to see a smaller footprint as an option.  I don't want my Fitbit device to be the first thing people notice about me.  But the features sound great.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Costco has some good deals on Black Friday. That's a good plan. 

Best Answer

Somehow in the email I got a few days ago announcing the new models, I only noticed the Versa 3 and the Inspire 2. I immediately ordered the Versa 3. Today, I realized there is also the Sense. After looking over the features of the Sense, I decided it is worth the extra $100 to me. So...I cancelled my Versa 3 order and put in a new order for the Sense. I’m really looking forward to getting it. (Right now I have the original Versa, and the Inspire...not HR. In the past I have also had two of the original Flexes.....which I loved for its simplicity...and the Alta HR. I’ve been a mostly happy Fitbit user for over six years now.....)

Original Flex (March 2014); Charge HR; Alta HR; Original Versa; Inspire; Sense; Charge 5; Inspire 2
Best Answer

I like the versa 3, built-in GPS + Versa = good watch. I wish it wasn't rounded in all thinkable directions. 😉

----

Overall: Good watch

Best Answer
0 Votes

I like the extra sensors the sense carries but no on- board music without playing a music subscription is a deal breaker for me. 
I already pay Spotify for my family and kids are happy with it and dont want to change. Offline personal music is essential. 

Best Answer
0 Votes