Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Fitbit offer first responder discounts?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi Everyone - 

Does Fitbit offer first responder discounts?  I am verified through ID.me; but, it seems like Fitbit is not listed there.  Some places - I verified independently like through Adidas and Nike.  

Or, does Fitbit not offer it to first responders? 

Thanks,

James

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @james.derry and @BionicGhostixs. Welcome on board! @datalore, it's great to see you around.

@james.derry, thanks for your interest in the Fitbit products. Currently Fitbit doesn't offer a discount for first responders. As @datalore mentioned, if your company or provider is part of our Health Solutions program, you can get in touch with them for more information about their offers towards a Fitbit product.

Our team strives to enhance our services based on our members comments, and I'm sure your feedback won't be taken for granted. I also found a similar request posted in the Feature Suggestions board. Please add your vote to show your support. The more votes an idea receives, the better chance it has of getting the attention of the developers.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
12 REPLIES 12

Good question. I’m not sure, but they do offer discounts via health insurance depending on your provider. The Sense is  $264 if you have Blue Cross and you can pick up a Versa 3 for $184. 

Best Answer

Do we reach out to Fitbit support for this discount?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I think that depends on your insurance provider. For me I get those prices via this site:

https://www.blue365deals.com/BCBSNC/

Best Answer
0 Votes

That was it! I created my account and got the discount 🙂 thanks! It just stinks because the charging cable and bands aren't included in the discounts

Best Answer

Hi @james.derry and @BionicGhostixs. Welcome on board! @datalore, it's great to see you around.

@james.derry, thanks for your interest in the Fitbit products. Currently Fitbit doesn't offer a discount for first responders. As @datalore mentioned, if your company or provider is part of our Health Solutions program, you can get in touch with them for more information about their offers towards a Fitbit product.

Our team strives to enhance our services based on our members comments, and I'm sure your feedback won't be taken for granted. I also found a similar request posted in the Feature Suggestions board. Please add your vote to show your support. The more votes an idea receives, the better chance it has of getting the attention of the developers.

Best Answer

@dataloreIm sure this is for your company and not meant for others

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

Technically, but the discount is provided by BlueCross BlueShield

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, the discount is for members of Blue Cross health insurance. Fitbit has a program with various insurance companies across the nation. You can find out if your insurance company is part of the program by visiting this site: 

https://healthsolutions.fitbit.com/

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks datalore - I must be missing it.  I do not see where I can check for insurance providers. I just used the chat box.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you. It's pretty surprising that FitBit does not offer a first responder or military discount.  Given that it naturally aligns.  I think some under appreciate how crappy insurance programs can be that county, local, state, etc. obtains for their employees 😅

I mean, UA, Nike, Adidas, etc. - pretty much all of them offer a decent discount, including Garmin.  I mean, I have a Fitbit Versa, Ionic, etc. - bought for my family; but, I remember when first fitbit - every year, the people I chat with at Fitbit say 'oh, it's coming - definitely a priority' or something like that.  Every year - price of the fitbit keeps climbing.  Eventually - I got to go with a cheaper option. 

Best Answer

I agree that they should offer First responders and Military Discounts.  Hope this happens soon.

Just wanted to say Thank you for your service!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone. It's always nice to have you on board. @WendyB, thanks for sharing your insights.

Thanks for your continued participation. I understand your thoughts about having first responders and military discounts. Every comment shared in the forums are always important to us as they help us to work and improve our services. While this isn't available in our website, you can check this request and add your vote to make your voice heard.

As @datalore mentioned, Fitbit has a partnership with various insurance companies across multiple countries. Please check this link to find more about this, or contact your company/provider to verify if they're part of our Health Solutions programs.

Look forward to your comments.

Best Answer
0 Votes