Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why ECG isn't available on Sense in all countries?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So, after purchasing your Fitbit sense you discover that, some features are not available in your country!!!

I really want to know what is the reason behind this???

why always we have this complications from Fitbit???

ECG is not available in Middle East and lots of other countries.

Notifications in Arabic language is not supported.

Replying to the notification from your sense in not possible.

I don’t know what to say, but this is really disappointing.

what really features available in Fitbit sense and not available in other smart watches???

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

The ECG feature is reliant on each country regulatory committee so it might be that Fitbit have applied for approval, but it has yet to be given.  What phone do you have? If an iPhone, then there is no way to ever reply to notification as Apple do not allow that functionality on anything other than their own products.

So probably not Fitbit to blame at all 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

The ECG feature is reliant on each country regulatory committee so it might be that Fitbit have applied for approval, but it has yet to be given.  What phone do you have? If an iPhone, then there is no way to ever reply to notification as Apple do not allow that functionality on anything other than their own products.

So probably not Fitbit to blame at all 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is the obvious answer. but the argument is

1. "So it might be that Fitbit have applied...." We will never know.

2. Depending on when you purchased yours, from what I have seen on the internet, they even started shipping the product marketing the feature, then it started to roll out and application / watch faces.

3. It does not make sense that they are waiting for regulatory approvals for an App / watch face, as they are not taking the roles of health organization and they are clearly mentioning that this is not to be used in place of proper ECG / spO2. It does not look justifiable.

4. If this true at all, then the product should not reach countries where the features are not supported / or if "money collection and profit" is more important than customers. Marketing should be different in each country and the "tiny unreadable, hard to reach disclaimer" does not justify.

Best Answer

just recently received my 1st fitbit. a fitbit sense.

had i been aware of this, i wouldnt have purchased the thing! paying 300usd for a watch that has a feature i cannot use is absolutely pointless.

i must say i am a quite disappointed.

asked customer support for approx updated date, they do not know.

Disappointment to the fullest extent!

advice to all middle east residents

Moderator Edit: Formatting and word choice

Best Answer