Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is an app support customer service not available?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

If you go to help and ask for support by clicking on whatever it says it only takes you to the community. There is no way to contact Fitbit from inside the app. This is ridiculous.

Best Answer
16 REPLIES 16

Hi, @MarkFolse, welcome to the community, from the Today screen in your Fitbit app on your phone touch your icon in the top left corner>help & support>Contact Customer Support>go to Fitbit Support>Sense. Alternatively, you can contact "Customer Support" using the chat facility or phone for a prompt response.

Cheers

Gr4ndp4 | UK
AWAKE! for morning in the bowl of light has cast the stone that set the stars to flight.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Nope

This is all you get. The community.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hmm Gr4ndp4's solution works for me. It offers me "call now", Twitter, as well as community forums as options. In Android, located in NZ.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, @scaddenp, thanks for the feedback, @MarkFolse I wonder why you do not see what we see? You do not mention there make & model of mobile phone you are using, you need to be running iOS14, Android 10 or newer Fitbit Supported Devices explains some of the issues. May I suggest you also check your Fitbit app and ensure you have all the permissions granted?

Let us know how you get on.

Cheers

Gr4ndp4 | UK
AWAKE! for morning in the bowl of light has cast the stone that set the stars to flight.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have a newly refurbished Pixel 4a on Android 12. What permissions are
required for support to work?
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am getting the same thing, just says community forums when go to the help page.

My Sense has stopped working completely!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, @MarkFolse go to settings>apps>Fitbit>permissions and allow them all. See if that changes things. I recognise some prefer to limit permissions given to an app, once we have it working you can go back and deny those you are uncomfortable with checking each time to see if you are back in the same place you are at the moment.

I assume your phone is connected to the internet via 4g or Wifi.

Cheers 

Gr4ndp4 | UK

Best Answer

Hi, @Racheyroo72 welcome to the community, you will have to provide more information. Has your "Sense" just gone dead or are there signs of some functions? Is your "Sense" charged, can you sync it?

Try the steps I mention in the previous post and let us know how you get on.

Cheers

Gr4ndp4 | UK

Best Answer

It is completely dead. I used it for swimming and locked it. Then afterwards it wouldn't unlock so I attached to the charger tried the usual double tap etc and now it does nothing. No lights on the back of it and hasn't synced since.

Best Answer

Interesting. I tried out of curiosity and got the same thing. On Android. Contact Support ends at a page that says, "help is on the way", with a link to the community forums. 

Best Answer

Hi, @Racheyroo72, It's a pity you are having a problem. You should not be experiencing anything like this because you've been swimming unless your "Sense" is damaged. The first port of call should be to check the charge status, as there are no LED signals on the back it may just be a flat battery. Why isn't my Fitbit device's battery charging?  provides advice & guidance. If your "Sense" overheats stop charging immediately and contact "Customer Support" . In addition, check your charging cable pins, the 4 pins should be slightly proud of the mating surface of the charging cable and free moving (they are spring-loaded). If these pins are not in good order contact "Customer Support" using the chat facility or phone with a view to getting another cable, alternatively, you can buy them from Amazon at a modest cost. Clean the back of your "Sense", I use rubbing alcohol and a cotton wool pad with a cotton bud to detail the little pits that locate the charging pins. You may need to leave your "Sense" on charge for up 60 minutes before you see signs of life, if you get the "Slow charging icon give he cable/"Sense" a little wiggle to seat the contacts, I carefully lay mine down on its back to avoid disturbing the contact.

Let us know how you get on please post here again.

Cheers

Gr4ndp4 | UK

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes I changed the permission and it makes no difference.
Best Answer
0 Votes

So I cleaned it etc, when I plugged it in it came on with the blue icon and bit later the time but now it shows nothing and lights still aren't on back of it??

Best Answer
0 Votes

Oh and it won't sync either

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, @Racheyroo72, I suggest you gently wiggle the charge cable interface with the back of your "Sense", it's not a good design and the connection may not be secure. After about an hour of charging you should see progress.

Cheers

Gr4ndp4 | UK

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, @MarkFolse, I've been checking the help link on the Fitbit app (I do not use it usually) and while I get the "Contact Support" screen I find "office currently closed" and a link to the community. I guess it depends on where you live, If you use the "Customer Support" online link this is a dynamic address and directs the help seeker to "their" support office, or perhaps the logical open alternative. I do not know the gritty details of how the system works but I do know it is substantial.

I hope this helps.

Cheers

Gr4ndp4 | UK

Best Answer
0 Votes