Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please show me your sleep pattern (both good and poor sleepers)

I got my Fitbit Surge 6 days ago. I set it to sensitive. The sleep pattern confirmed mine, and my husband's suspicions, that I have very poor sleep. Sleep efficiency 61%, and cycle length (also confirmed with a different mobile app) is only 60 mins not the usual 90 mins. I 'need' about 10-11 hours sleep to feel half-way decent. With 10 hrs sleep I get about 6 hrs. With 8-9 hrs sleep (my usual weekday allowance) I get about 5 hrs. My husband always complains that my restless sleep causes him lost sleep too 😞 (I say to him imagine how I feel!). I am usually fatigued all day and have trouble getting up in the morning and am struggling to maintain work function. I'm glad I got my Fitbit so I have proof of what is happening.

I was tested for sleep apnoea some years ago and had borderline/mild apnoea. I lost 70 lbs (30 kg) and then got retested and the apnoea had disappeared (good because I didn't tolerate the CPAP at all).

I would like to know what a 'normal' sleep pattern looks like and what another poor sleeper looks like so I can show my GP and get referred. Is there a specific kind of sleep study she can request other than for sleep apnoea?

I have added 2 screenshots of my usual sleep pattern, if some of you could add yours with a brief comment on if you sleep well or not, that would help me gather evidence for my GP appointment. TIA.

Tuesday sleep Quickviews shows sleep pattern.jpg

sleep.jpg

Best Answer
250 REPLIES 250

How did you manage to copy your pattern onto here?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Rowmoseley

I would also like to know that answer. I need instructions on who to grab a screen shot to post in here with a Macbook Pro (I don't use one phone but computer).

Any help would be welcome. 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
I've set my Charge HR to normal simply because I share a bed with my wife...sometime my little boy sneaks in at night as well. So I ask, how sensitive is the sensitive setting? Will the Fitbit detect movement from the other people moving in the bed at night? The first night I had my Fitbit, I set it to sensitive. The log the next morning showed very little sleep and a multitude of light blue "restless" moments.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I rarely sleep any longer than 5 hours, here is my sleep log from last night.

Screenshot_2015-09-05-16-35-11.png

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

On the sleep tracker there are two charts, one is normal, and there is another cant think of the name.  Are they the same as such or is one (the one I cant name lol) more detailed??

My sleep tracker shows what I thought, that I only sleep for 3 1/2 - 4 hours a night. 

Is there a difference between the 2 charts?? 

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

Here is my chart

Sleep
YOUR SLEEP EFFICIENCY
50%
Your sleep pattern asleep awake/restless
You went to bed at
10:39 pm
Time to fall asleep
0min
Awake
1x
Restless
20x
You were in bed for
7hrs 45min
Actual sleep time
3hrs 41min

Best Answer
0 Votes

@ElainThe sleep tile on the Dashboard page is an overview of your sleep for that date.

If you switch over to the sleep log page, that is a more detailed look into the same sleep period (as illustrated below):

Screen Shot 2015-09-09 at 9.13.13 AM.png

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have found two charts, for the same night each night, what is the difference? Thanks
Best Answer
0 Votes
Best Answer
0 Votes

@ElainDo you have some pictures to share of the ones you're seeing so I can clarify for you?

Best Answer
0 Votes

My sleep pattern last night

Screen Shot 2015-09-19 at 07.34.24.png

This is Activity record, (thats if you click edit at the corner of this chart) there is also normal tracker, what is the difference

Best Answer
0 Votes

@ElainThis is the sleep details page, which will show you a more in-depth look into your sleep activity.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry is there a link? i cant see one

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is the edit button (which is on the sleep record found above in the right corner)

Screen Shot 2015-09-19 at 18.03.57.png

This is what you get when you have clicked edit

Screen Shot 2015-09-19 at 18.04.39.png

What is the difference between the two? thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

Can anyone tell me the difference please?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@ElainDefinitely! Your Fitbit tracker's settings can record your sleep in either "sensitive" mode for extremely detailed sleep reporting or "normal" mode for a more basic idea of your sleep patterns. To learn more about those two settings, I recommend giving this help article a read! Hope that helps to clear things up for you! See ya around! Robot Very Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes
So would this be an accurate reading of the sleep or lack of sleep I get? Is better On the sensitive setting? Thanks
Best Answer
0 Votes

@ElainLooks like a lack of sleep! If you put it on the sensitive setting you may receive even more "restless" readings. Give it a try to see the difference!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am 59 years old male and I have used my fitbit while sleeping in the sensitive mode, on my non-dominant writst, for the past year.  My sleep efficiency is 60% on a bad night and 80% on a good night.  For me the question is not how accurate the device is relative to some absolute value like, the number of hours slept, instead, I am interested in knowing does it do a relatively good job of predicting how I am going to feel during the day.  

It has been my experience that it works really well for this and once you become familar with your specfic data trends you can really understand sleep and its effect are your daily life.  It's great quantitative data for understanding what factors give you the best sleep efficiency like, room temp, light in the room, drinking alchol before bed, certain medications, and etc.  Good luck, Fitbit is great!  

Best Answer

@Tennis15Great to see you participating here!

I find that the sensitive setting is a little too sensitive for my sleep tracking as I move way too much! I love hearing that you're able to capture some useful data with your tracker! Robot Very Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes