Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

An alarm for nodding?

Is there a way to rig a fitbit + apps to wake me when I nod? I use a CPAP machine set on 10 successfully. However, during the evening, I have a strong tendency to fall asleep at my computer or while watching TV. I try to combat the issue at my computer by standing up while working.  I am not worried about an alarm going off if I'm just still [ex. watching TV].  I find that when I nod, I may be out for a few minutes or an hour or two. I want to minimize the time I spend asleep without the CPAP.  Any product or app suggestions?

------changeagent7

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Sleep on the FitBit is monitored by heart rate levels--so really what you need is a HR alarm set to to go off when your rate dips below a certain threshold at certain times of the day. The SpO2 sensor, if it were Available & active, would also help measure Oxygen levels in your extremities, if you had problems with Sleep apnea.

Best Answer
0 Votes

change the time for your 250 steps to coincide with your nightly nodding and it will prod you every hour to move... I know it isn't perfect, but it should hopefully keep you up. If for no other reason but you anticipating the buzz..

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer

Thanx for your responses. I'll investigate the SpO2 sensor & HR alarm.

Best Answer
0 Votes

There's a heart rate alarm option? Where? 

Best Answer
0 Votes