Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone tracking their child's sleep efficiency?

Hi there- I am looking to hear if anyone has their child wear their fitbit at night to track sleep? My daughter (10 y/o) had mono a year and a half ago and the only thing we could do was get her good night sleeps.  We had thought she was getting decent sleeps, but started to track her using our fitbit over the summer.  She generally shows about 91%-93% efficiency but shows a ton of restlessness and minutes awake and has red eyes and seems tired in the mornings.  The last 4 days of restlessness have been 36, 37, 27, 32 times restless, and 43, 57, 58, 55 minutes awake. Anyone track their child's sleep so I can compare? We are concerned that she is too restless!  Thanks in advance for your advice...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

@bethinthe805 Hi! It is not possible to set up an account for anyone under 13 years old. Therefore, the data the Fitbit tracker is giving you about your child is not accurate. This is because the sleep information will also use the personal settings, so if the date of birth (age), height, weight, gender, etc., is incorrect, it won't give accurate data. 

If you are giving your tracker to your child at night, the sleep data is going to use your personal settings to get information, not your child's. Therefore, the data given when your child sleeps will not be accurate. 

The best thing to do is to contact your child's doctor to see what's the best thing to do for her.

See you around! 

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes