Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bedtime snack to promote better sleep

ANSWERED

Hi, I notice lately that I feel I get a longer, more restful sleep if I have a bedtime snack...(it’s usually a small cheat of protein with one carb)...my calories are about 2000 per day as I cheat if I go lower than that... unsure if I should up my total calories or save a bit of my daily allotted servings for a usual bedtime snack...any ideas?

My burn is about 2100 to 2400 calories per day and  I am at my step and activity goal...still going through recomp and unsure yet of my final weight goal.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

After some research and a new app to set up my macros... Fitbit is great to track it all but I want to set specific grams per meal... measuring portions of food was too much variance in the calories I was eating for the activity I do...

I wasn’t eating enough...

Now I measure my macros in grams, keeping my proteins,carbs,fats balanced and enough calories...

and I have more energy to do what I want,

sleep much better,

look less tired,

and inches are shrinking 

💥💥💥

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

I might of found my answer in “Fit is the new Skinny”... due to my calorie burn and activity level of >6 hours per week I need to up my calories as my BMR adjusted for same is approximately 2760 so I appear to be eating way too little...any comments welcome 😀

Best Answer
0 Votes

I can't comment on eating too little, but I can comment on a snack before bed. I couldn't imagine not having my bowl of popcorn before bed. There is actually arguments that folks who diet or watch their caloric intake, should have a little carb before bed so as not to wake up hungry during the night. If it works for you, do it. If you start to notice that your weight isn't shifting, change the snack or do it every other day. it is all trial and error... finding what works for you is part of the long term success. 

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer

Thx Elena, again I had a bedtime snack and yet again I had a restful sleep...thx for your insightful input...it is a work in progress 😀

Best Answer
0 Votes

After some research and a new app to set up my macros... Fitbit is great to track it all but I want to set specific grams per meal... measuring portions of food was too much variance in the calories I was eating for the activity I do...

I wasn’t eating enough...

Now I measure my macros in grams, keeping my proteins,carbs,fats balanced and enough calories...

and I have more energy to do what I want,

sleep much better,

look less tired,

and inches are shrinking 

💥💥💥

Best Answer

I am a diabetic type II since 2008 not taking Rx yet. Fighting Cancer need all the sleep I can get but it’s hard to. I sometimes have 6 Triscuits (reduced fat) with Tillamook Sharp Cheddar; just enough to cover helps me & believe it or not 1/4 cup of mixed nuts for a change up. We smoke them about 10 lbs. at a time. Will try your popcorn tip now also. Thanks

Best Answer

Rdymn, thx...good to know bedtime snack others too😀 and other options.

Good luck in your fight against cancer and getting better sleep and health❤️

Best Answer
0 Votes

I usually eat some healthy stuff or crackers! #loving the Fitbit life! ❤️

Best Answer
0 Votes