Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How much deep sleep does your Fitbit say you get?

1. How much deep sleep does your Fitbit say you get, on average? 

2. Would you say you are generally in good health and sleeping well, or not? 

I recently saw a rheumatologist who noticed my Fitbit and asked how much deep sleep I got on average. I said it was about 45 min, and she said this was incredibly low and would be causing various symptoms.

I came home and looked up how reliable Fitbits are when it comes to sleep stages. According to a study, well, there are many things that Fitbits track well, but apparently they're way off when it comes to sleep stages.

I never thought it was like a sleep study, I just use it as a general guide. It does give me some idea of whether I had a good or bad night, and of whether meds or actions I take make a difference.

I'm now curious as to how much deep sleep everyone else's Fitbit is saying they get. I have a Charge 2, if that makes a difference. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

@Calathea77  I try to keep to a sleep schedule.  While my exact sleep stages will vary from day to day, I seem to get most of my deep sleep in the first few hours after falling asleep.  If I stay up later, I seem to lose out on deep sleep.

My time in the different sleep stages almost always falls in the benchmark range for my age.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

How much deep sleep do you get? 

I keep to a sleep schedule as well. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit underestimates my deep sleep by a lot compared to clinical sleep study.

It also mistakes quiet lying in bed for light sleep.

What good is it then for?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Could you tell me how much deep sleep your Fitbit says you get, and how much the sleep study said you get?

It's only of basic use for tracking sleep. I still find it useful. It does show me my basic sleep patterns, and I can get an estimate of whether my sleep was good or bad that night. That's enough to help me see what effects medication is having, for instance. I never slept well after taking pain medication. I can get back to sleep easily if the cat wakesme up by pouncing around in the middle of the night, but I can't get back to sleep if my partner wakes me up when he's getting up for work, presumably as it's during a different sleep stage. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My 30-day average is just slightly over an hour per night, although I do wonder how much accuracy this has. I am not always fully rested when I wake up, but I wouldn't say my sleep is that poor either.

Best Answer

My deep sleep averages 40 min according to Fitbit. it goes as low as 6 min, the clinical study was 101 min.

I often lie in bed in the morning listening to the radio and even though I know what is being said my Fitbit claims I was asleep. Go figure.

Best Answer
0 Votes