Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deep Sleep was tracked when I was awake

Well, I have been fairly impressed with the new sleep settings and felt until last night that it was accurate but now I am not sure. Yesterday, I logged hours of deep sleep while I watched a movie, put my son to bed, walked to the basement, came back upstairs, read in bed then Brushed my teeth. I then got up again, went to the basement and came back upstairs all while logging deep sleep. I tried to edit my sleep log to when I really went to bed was not able to and just had to delete the whole night. I understand the sleep tracking is based on movement but obviously I was moving a lot, even changing altitude through going up and down steps. I will try the sensitive setting tonight as an experiment but overall this is a disappointment. 

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

I wonder the same thing. I went to bed and was reading for 45 minutes before actually going to sleep. My Fitbit recorded it all as deep sleep! I've also had it record sleep (but without stages because it was less than 3 hours) while watching a movie or quietly reading.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Happy_Teacher @R2020. Welcome to the community forums. 

I'm sorry for the experience and thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. I agree with you @Happy_Teacher, I also recommend trying to change the Sleep Setting from Normal to Sensitive and test your Fitbit device. For more information, I recommend visiting the following help article: 

How do I track my sleep with my Fitbit device?

This is also applicable for you @R2020, please try to change the Sleep Setting and keep an eye on the behavior of your Fitbit device. I also recommend restarting your Fitbit devices by following the instructions here: How do I restart my Fitbit device?

Hope this helps. 

Wilson M. | Community Moderator, Fitbit.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I cannot figure out how to make this change. When I find instructions, I don't see the same options.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@R2020 Thanks for your reply. 

If you have an Android,  you must change your sleep sensitivity setting on fitbit.com. From the Web Dashboard by following the steps below: 

1. From the fitbit.com dashboard, click the gear icon An icon of a gray gear > Settings > your device image.
2. Click Sleep Tracking and make your changes.

On a side note, make sure that the Fitbit App for your mobile device is up to date

Hope this helps. 

Wilson M. | Community Moderator, Fitbit.
Best Answer
0 Votes