Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deep sleep vs light sleep

ANSWERED

Absolutely confused i am new to this concept Which is better 4 hours deep sleep or 8 hours sleep ?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

See this help section:

What should I know about sleep stages?

particularly the section "What does each stage mean?"

Different stages have different purposes. Greatly simplified, deep sleep is for the body, REM sleep is for the mind.

Thinking of food, your question is something like, which is better 10 grams of fiber or 20 grams of protein?  There's no answer - you need them both.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

I'm not sure it answers your question directly, but there's lots of good info on sleep stages in their help file on the subject at https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/2163/

Best Answer

See this help section:

What should I know about sleep stages?

particularly the section "What does each stage mean?"

Different stages have different purposes. Greatly simplified, deep sleep is for the body, REM sleep is for the mind.

Thinking of food, your question is something like, which is better 10 grams of fiber or 20 grams of protein?  There's no answer - you need them both.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer