Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does mattresses play an important role in getting good sleep?

Hi guys,

I'm a new member to this forum. I need to find a solution to my back pain. Its been a few years since I'm experiencing this pain. But it became acute during these recent days only. So currently I'm having physiotherapy sessions to reduce my pain. While discussing with my friend he suggested using memory foam mattresses. He said its good for such pain and I clearly have no idea of this. So I have ordered a memory foam mattress online. I need to check whether it works or not.

Has anyone used such mattresses? Is it really helpful? When I googled, I came to know that it relives body pains and painful pressure points. But I would like to get info from experienced people. Share your knowledge.

Thanks!

Moderator edit: removed advertising link

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

@SherryLong A warm welcome to our Community!

I think a good night sleep is important for a healthy lifestyle. I am no expert but I found this WebMD article really interesting. Take a look and also consult your physician to know their input about this.

I'll be around.

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @SherryLong

I use a hybrid mattress--it uses springs under memory foam. It's pretty firm, which is what my back likes. It's really difficult to tell what exact mattress works for each person. I got lucky.  Next time I get a mattress, I'll go to a bunch of different stores and lay down on the mattresses they have out on display. Maybe take a nap or two. 🙂

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree @dsizzye, it's important to find the right mattress that works specifically for us and helps us to sleep better and be more comfortable in general. 

I've managed to sleep a lot better since I changed mattress last year, and I used to think it was't too important, but it certainly is. 😎

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes

Of course it matters. As for me, I frequently have insomnia, so I try to make everything comfortable for comfortable sleep.

Best Answer
0 Votes

You're one of the lucky ones @happymangle LOL 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Of course, mattresses play a huge role in a good night's sleep. Because you spend about 30% of your life on a mattress. Furthermore, mattresses affect the health of your back, which is why people who sleep on bad mattresses are more likely to have back problems. I used to have a bad mattress, which caused me to have poor sleep and back pain. I decided to see a chiropractor for pain treatment. My friend advised me to go to adriameduae.com, and for a good reason. This clinic employs professionals with high qualifications.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@hamelou welcome to the Fitbit forum! I noticed that you just joined today. Which Fitbit device do you have and what is your favorite feature? 

Community Council Member

Amanda | Wyoming, USA
Pixel Watch 2, Inspire 3, Sense | Android

Best Answer
0 Votes