Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edit Sleep Log

I have a tendency to spend long periods awake during the night -- two to three hours isn't uncommon.  The Fitbit often isn't able to discern between sleeping and lying still, so these sleepless times usually get broken up like this:

Screenshot.png

I know that I was awake and struggling to get back to sleep during this two hour period and wish there was a way to set the device to be more accurate or manually edit this log to better reflect what actually happened.  Instead, I have the app telling me that my sleep score is 82, and it makes the whole thing seem like a joke, because I feel terrible.

Right now, the best I can do is to edit the original sleep log so that it ends at the point when I first woke up, and then I can create a second log for the later period that begins when I finally fell back asleep.  But that second log gets treated like a nap, which provides a lot less-detailed data.  And the sleep score ends up based entirely upon the quality of that initial sleep period, which doesn't accurately reflect the night as a whole or my feeling in the morning.

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

My intention was to post this in the "Feature Suggestions" subforum.  I'm not sure how it ended up here, but I'd appreciate it if one of the moderators would move it over.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This happens to me sometimes. What I do is edit the log so that the start time is when I fell asleep and the end time is when I woke up. The new log will then show all my sleep time (including time awake) in one log with a single score. This also works for nights when the app only displays partial data. For night when the app displays no data at all, I have found the creating a new long with my approximate sleep and wake time will cause the app to display all the data it has for that period.

The Fitbit device apparently collects sleep data reliably, but does not reliably display it in the app. Clearly, there a bug in the software somewhere.

I'm using a Charge 4, FYI.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Here's another example from today:

Screenshot.png

What I'm asking for is the ability to select and delete that fifteen minutes of REM sleep that didn't actually happen (because I was awake that whole time), so that one continuous period of sleeplessness is what the data shows.

Alternatively, it might be a good idea to add some specific parameters to the sleep sensitivity settings, instead of just being sensitive or normal.  I'd like to be able to increase the amount of time one must lie still before the device considers one to be asleep.

And, once again, I'm requesting that the mods move this thread to the the "Feature Suggestions" subforum.  I'm not interested in tricks that might fool the existing system into providing slightly better data (I've tried them, and the quality of this data is still poor); I'd like to help improve it for everyone.

Best Answer