Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fall asleep faster

Here are my tips to you on how to get a good nights sleep.

First off, set a schedule, or at least a goal as to when you're going to go to bed! 

Secondly exercise at least 30 minutes in the day a few hours before your set goal. 

Thirdly, and this is important, do not drink caffeine at least 4 hours before bed.

Next, relax before bed, get in a sleepy mood. 

And then I suggest before or while you're in bed, listen to a calming song, or soundtrack. I suggest Marconi Union Weightless or Pandora by Hans Zimmer.

Lastly, think calm thoughts as you drift off to sleep, i am a writer, so I have to describe something in order to fall asleep. Whether it's a Disney princess, an event, or even just an object, do it. It really helps

Thanks guys. Hope this really helps. 

*Loser Girl

*Loser Girl
Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

Good tips @Loser-Girl . I’d like to add one more that I find helpful. Most Fitbit devices offer a feature called Relax, which guides you thru a deep breathing exercise for 3 or 5 minutes. I do it every night when I get into bed. I also find it helpful when things get too stressful. 

Best Answer

Great tips @Loser-Girl! I'm starting to create my playlist of relaxing songs and nature sounds, it's very helpful! 

I'll definitely be trying to have more calm thoughts before going to bed. I usually watch a few videos about geopolitics or paranormal events 😅, not exactly what you'd want to see right before going to sleep.  

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer

That's true that all we eat and drink in the evening seriously influence your sleep. More than all it can damage not only your sleep, but the entire health. indeed better to avoid caffeine at least 4 hours before bed. I agree with the opinion that you need to relax before bed, getting in a sleepy mood. Especially for me is very important tactile feelings. I always ask my wife to make me massage before the sleep and then I wrap myself in the soft comforter that I ordered from http://www.mybedcomforter.com/. It is really very important to sleep cozy.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Indeed @DanOstin

Welcome to the Community forums btw 😁 

Best Answer

Thank you! 😀

Best Answer
0 Votes

Indeed, that is all so clear and simple, but unfortunately, I always break all these rules. That's why I always have problems with sleep, especially in nowadays situation...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I know, it's been more difficult to fall asleep for me, since I'm constantly checking all social media and reading bad news 😥, but I'll make sure to start practicing better habits before going to bed. 

Best Answer
0 Votes