Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feature request to combine Sleep logs/scores

ANSWERED

Often I go to sleep and am asleep for 3 or 4 hrs, then wake up and stay awake for 30-45 min, then back to sleep for another 3-4 hrs. Instead of grouping the night together I get 2 sleep scores, usually poor or fair, vs if I could see the 2 combined with combined REM etc, my sleep score would be better and truer to what actually happened. 

At this point there is no way to combine scores in one night without erasing all data from one sleep cycle.

Would love to see this feature expanded!

Judy

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@LibbyEg   I disagree with the moderator's response and I believe I have a better idea for you.  You can edit your sleep log and combine the two sleep logs into one.

• Make a note of the start of the first sleep time and the end of the second.
  • Delete the sleep log of the one that is shorter in duration.
  • Now go to the sleep record of the longer sleep record.
  • Tap on the three dots in the upper right, then Edit log.
  • Change either the start or the stop time to make one log of the full length

I'm going to create an example.  I have one sleep log from 10 PM to 2 AM and another log from 2:45 AM to 6 AM.   I would delete the second log, then edit the time of the first to end at 6AM.  One log from 10 PM to 6 AM.

Fitbit's sleep algorithm is complex and proprietary (secret).  There is no easy equation to combine the two to one score.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

Hello @Judy101, welcome to the community forums! Thank you for the information! 

This is really a great suggestion and I understand how helpful it'd be to integrate this! While this is not available (combine Sleep logs or Sleep Scores), I'd recommend to post this idea in the Feature Suggestions board so our developers can take it into consideration for new updates or product development. Take into consideration that our team strives to improve the Fitbit experience based on our members feedback. 

On a side note, this is an expected behavior. If you wake up or get up during the night, it is possible that your Fitbit device will start recording a second Sleep log. For more information, I recommend visiting this help article: How do I track my sleep with my Fitbit device?

See you around. 

Wilson M. | Community Moderator, Fitbit.
Best Answer

I would like to ask Fitbit if Is it possible to give me  an equation to combine the two scores so that we can do this myself to get a ballpark figure?  Eg. It tells me little about my quality of sleep to find that I have two scores of 73 Fair yet combined, I have improved  my usually low  amount of REM/Deep sleep,  The reason I have used Fitbit since 2015 is that I need  my 'scores' to inform me. I need to have ONE Score for ONE night, or I am lost. I don't mind doing a simple equation to combine them in order to get my ONE Score. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@LibbyEg   I disagree with the moderator's response and I believe I have a better idea for you.  You can edit your sleep log and combine the two sleep logs into one.

• Make a note of the start of the first sleep time and the end of the second.
  • Delete the sleep log of the one that is shorter in duration.
  • Now go to the sleep record of the longer sleep record.
  • Tap on the three dots in the upper right, then Edit log.
  • Change either the start or the stop time to make one log of the full length

I'm going to create an example.  I have one sleep log from 10 PM to 2 AM and another log from 2:45 AM to 6 AM.   I would delete the second log, then edit the time of the first to end at 6AM.  One log from 10 PM to 6 AM.

Fitbit's sleep algorithm is complex and proprietary (secret).  There is no easy equation to combine the two to one score.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
Thank you so much for this. Your solution was just what I had hoped I could get, but doubted it could be that simple. Well Done!
Best Answer