Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Female Heart Rate During Sleep - Share yours to help me choose mine?

Hi all, can anyone help me? I would really love to know what healthy women's heart rates typically drop to during sleep, especially if you can also share your age, body size and rough activity level. 

I am 42 years old, 5'2'' slim and reasonably active although nowhere near what I was.

Seven years ago I had a brain injury which left me with (among other problems) a too slow heart rate and frequent fainting, and I now have a pacemaker. 

I am really happy with my lower daytime limit of 60bpm - if my natural rate falls below this the pacemaker kicks in, but my night rate is 50bpm. I am paced constantly all night at this rate and not sleeping too well. 

I am considering asking for it to be adjusted to a lower rate at night, however as I never monitored my heart rate whatsoever before my accident, I have no idea what my "normal" was, and surprisingly can find no data online regarding average sleeping heart rates (as opposed to "resting" rates taken during daytime.) 

If I could just get an idea of what healthy people have at lowest during sleep, this would help me decide. My consultant mostly has much older, sedentary patients and most do not have the night mode option switched on at all, they just have 60bpm day and night. Some have 50bpm at night and don't seem to complain about it, however he is happy to make reasonable adjustments to my rate so that I can be most comfortable. 

Many thanks xxx

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

36 years old.  5'5, 123lbs.  I run several times a week and aim for 15K steps a day (most days).  My RHR is around 60.  My sleeping heart rate is about the same.  Usually 55-59.  

Heather | Community Council | Eastern Shore, AL
Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.
Best Answer

I'm 45 years old,  5'5 and 135 pounds. My resting heart rate is around 55 and my sleeping heart rate usually drops into the upper 40s. 

Community Council Member

Amanda | Wyoming, USA
Pixel Watch 2, Inspire 3, Sense | Android

Best Answer

Thanks for the reply, it is really helpful for me to compare against similar individuals. I walk roughly the same steps as you, but usually only jog once a week or less and use a recumbent stationary bike for half an hour a couple of times per week, and since my op have not done anything beyond the walking. This makes me feel happier about my paced night time floor level of 50bpm :).

Best Answer

Thanks for the info, I am reassured to see women fitter than me with a night time heart rate not far off my paced level. I had been thinking 50 might be too high for me but it probably isn't. I guess I am just not used to having a pulse 🙂

Best Answer