Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Going early to bed, wake up somehow tired

Hi guys,

I've use now Charge 2 and previously I've used for almost 1 year Charge(non HR) to measure my sleep pattern.

Usually I go to bed around 23:15->23:30 and put the alarm at 8:00 AM in the morning.

Problem is that I wakeup somehow tired and I don't know why.

For normal sensitivity I get something like: 7h50-8h asleep and 14-16 times resteless and 2 times awake

For sensitive tracking is much worse: 3h20-3h30 asleep 17-20 times restless, 4 times awake and 4h50 awake/restless

Question is: how can I improve the quality of the sleep? should I let the tracker on Sensitive mode and try to wakeup on a different hour etc?

Any advice is appreciated.

Catalin | RO | Fitbit Charge 2, iPhone 6
Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

Try to keep a consistent sleep schedule. That usually helps to keep you well rested. But it's also sleep length that counts. A consistent schedule of around 9 hours will be more restful than an inconsistent schedule, even with days that you sleep really long.

I'd say that the sensitive tracking is probably too sensitive. While you sleep, you do move around, so to have it think you were awake for 4h50m of your sleep doesn't sound right. I'd go with the less sensitive tracking.

I also recommend getting 8h or 8h30m of restful sleep as recorded by your tracker. Try sleeping for 9h to 9h30m. Or at least make total length of your sleep be that long. After factoring in the restless and awake bits, you'll have close enough to the restful sleep. You'll also feel more rested.

Exercise also helps to relax your body, since you'll body will want to sleep more soundly when tired. I hope this helps 🙂

Yours Truly,Geoffrey
Best Answer

Hi there,

Thanks for your advice, I'll try to sleep longer 😉

PS: just found the problem - it's my pillow which was too hard to sleep on it (kind of memory shape form one) - changed with a normal one and sleept much better last nigh - only 3 times restless 😉

Catalin | RO | Fitbit Charge 2, iPhone 6
Best Answer

Hey @katanel, that's a very good observation! I'll try to change my pillows too, I also use the memory shape ones and that's maybe the reason why I have some days more than 20 restless moments during my sleep.

I'll also try to go to sleep at almost the same time every day as @dragonpupps suggested! What I've noticed in the past weeks is that if I don't use my phone, computer or T.V. one hour before go to bed I sleep better and I feel more rest. Thanks for sharing this! Cat Very Happy

Marlen S. | Community Moderator

What's for breakfast?Check others recipes and share yours!

Best Answer

Nice tip there @katanel! Never thought the shape o the pillow had something to do with you sleeping well. Smiley Surprised

What I normally do to get good sleep is drinking chamomile tea and a little bit of honey before going to sleep. It helps you relax, and since it's natural, it doens't have a side effect (of course, if you are not allergic). It works wonders for me! Woman Very Happy

Annie| Community Moderator

Was my answer helpful? Awesome! Let's help our fellow Fitbitters by marking this as a solution, and vote up! 😄

Best Answer

Have you looked into respiratory problems? My partner has severe allergies so whenever there's dust, perfume or the day is too cold, etc; that nose is definitely closing up. Breathing through the mouth or squeezing in an inhalation from a clogged nose may take a toll on you. 

Not only allergies, but sleep apnea is something that severely impacts the quatlity of your sleep. Getting a sleep study might be beneficial if this is affecting you everyday. 

Fitbit Community ModeratorHelena A. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was this helpful? Yay! If it was, please vote for it or mark this as a solution. Show us!

Best Answer

I want to encourage people to get checked for sleep apnea if you continue to wake up tired. And, if you are female, do you ever wake up with a headache? Men do not seem to get the headaches because they wake up with a snort more often in the night. (This is per my sleep apnea doc - not making it up 😉

If you have a partner, AND they fall asleep after you sometimes, ask them if they ever hear you sound like you are not getting air in. My boyfriend is who first noticed it in me.

Sleep apnea can be caused just by your natural anatomical build. If you have a large tongue, your tongue can occlude your air passage when it relaxes in sleep. It used to be thought of as something only caused by carrying extra weight on your body - which can make the throat opening narrower. But now they realize anyone can have it. 

Best Answer