Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HRV reading extremely low!

Hi, after years of use the fitbit Alpha HR I got a new Luxe with the new software upgrade but the readings fo HRV seems extremely low - 15-17ms - which would suggest I am very ill! I am quite a stressed person but also fairly fit - RHR 55-65 which is apparently excellent for a woman my age. Has anyone else had issues with low HRV readings?

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

Did you get HRV values from your Alpha HR (don't think there is any such Fitbit model)?  If not, I would be inclined not to compare Fitbit's HRV values to what you may have seen from other sources, but rather look at the trend of the Fitbit readings.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes
This is the first time I've had HRV readings, the old fitbit didn't have this capability. I'm not sure what to make of it.

Get Outlook for Android<>
Best Answer
0 Votes

Do not make much of it. First it is some form of average and you have no access to the underlying data. 

What you need to look at is the trend, does it decrease, does it increase ? Not much more. And I am not sure you can see more than 7 days of data. On 30 days mine are quite erratic. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there. I'm getting very low numbers too..  22 milliseconds average. It is quite concerning.  My heartrate is low too..  49 - 54.. but I'm generally healthy.. Did you ever get any satisfactory answers to this query? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

49 to 54 is a great resting heart rate.   My RHR  is around 55 to 58 and my HRV has been stuck at 16 to 26 since I got my Fitbit 2 years ago.  There have been multiple complaints about this over the years. I’ve made peace with simply watching my HRV relative to my own range.  

I think Apple’s HRV measurement is much more accurate than Fitbit.  

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you for this. That's very reassuring.
Best Answer
0 Votes