Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with sleep data?

I am fairly new to Fitbit and learning but I can't figure something out. I have a versa 3 and I am interested in getting data for sleep. I have done this a few times and it shows me how long I've spent in the specific stages of sleep (Deep sleep, REM, Light sleep). The problem that I am having is that most of the time I start the sleep timer on the app and have it tightly fastened to my non-dominant wrist when I go to sleep. When I wake up it only shows how long my sleep duration was from when I started it on the app to when I pressed "I'm awake" on the app like as if I didn't wear the Fitbit at all. I have checked and it is fully synced before I go to sleep, am I missing something? do I also need to set something on the Fitbit itself to show me this sleep data? I have done this a few times and only about 2 times out of 10 has it shown me the sleep data. Any help?

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Hello @Lemonsurprise and welcome to the Community.  The Versa 3 tracks sleep automatically.  Just wear it to sleep.  Please don't start or stop your sleep in the app.  That is for older devices that don't track sleep automatically.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

Do not use "Begin Sleep Now" and "I'm Awake".  Just let Fitbit detect your sleep by itself.  Those buttons are just left-overs from before Fitbits had heart rate sensors and had to rely on motion detection to recognize sleep.  The only time they might be useful now is if you want to get credit for a nap that is too short for Fitbit to detect (less than an hour).

Or what @LZeeW beat me to saying.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer

You don’t need to fasten the band tight so it would be uncomfortable. Snug is good. Make sure you have the heart rate & the O2 sats selected. I turned them both off on Saturday and got the solid bar two days in a row. It’s good to sync the watch with the app after you have made changes. As for your sleep goal time wise, set it and then forget it as long as you’re still needing that particular sleep period. It is frustrating when it doesn’t work. 

Happy Sleeping 💤 

s

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just wanted to thank you so much for this comment to NOT use the "Begin Sleep Now" and "I'm Awake" in the phone app and instead just let the FitBit device detect sleep by itself. As a totally new Fitbit device user (on the Google Pixel Watch 2), I was using these features and it was just saying I was awake the entire duration for about a week. Fitbit support had me reset and factory reset my phone with no success, however your comment is part of what made it finally track my sleep for me last night. So, super thank you and Happy New Year! 🙂 

Best Answer