Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I interpret Oxygen Variation Graph (Sleep Monitoring)?

I can see there is a fluctuation range: high to low but what does that really mean?  To me I see a line the gos up and down lightly in the middle of range, but this does not really tell me much.  What would be useful would be to be able to click on any point on the variation line and get the time and the O2 saturation level. This would be a lot more beneficial than just the line itself.

Please update the app to be able to show the time (exact) and the O2 saturation at that time, when clicking on any point on the variation line. 

thanks

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

The oxygen level depends upon your overall health and age, so they decided to present only variation data. Sleep apnea is usually determined by variation, rather than absolute readings. Having used a continuous O2 monitor along with my Sense, I find that the Fitbit device has a low data sampling rate. The Sense has clock faces which show the upper and lower limits of the sleep SpO2 it records. I'm not familiar with other devices.

Best Answer

Hello @Big-Gee, welcome to the community forums! @FloppyDrive, thank you for input and it's great to see you around! 

As mentioned by @FloppyDrive, the Oxygen variation data is limited. But the graph shows an estimate of the variations in your blood oxygen saturation throughout the night: 

1. Small variations
Show that your estimated blood oxygen saturation levels remained consistent.

2. Big variations
Show that your estimated blood oxygen saturation level fluctuated. A high variation on the graph may indicate you had variations or disturbances in your breathing during sleep.

For more information, I recommend visiting the following link: How do I track my estimated oxygen variation in the Fitbit app?. On a side note, your suggestion is greatly appreciated. While there isn't an option to click on any point on the variation line on the graph to get more details, I'd recommend to post this idea in the Feature Suggestions board so our developers can take it into consideration for new updates or product development. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs

See you around! 

Wilson M. | Community Moderator, Fitbit.
Best Answer
0 Votes